Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2022 5:41:03 AM EDT
I have a few hundred bucks to toss around and see what happens. With a few states allowing weed, and more to come, anyone think it's a good idea to purchase a few weed stocks? If so, what's the reason? What ones are good, etc.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any first hand knowledge, but I bet they can get pretty high...

Sorry, I had to do it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
You mean like for a shotgun?
Didn't know they ran out of wood or plastic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a weed that anyone can grow if they want to with not much outlay. [as long as it's legal in your area]

[the market is pretty well saturated so stocks aren't going to make some sudden rise and make newcomers millionaires]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The leaves are better ;-)

That said my gambles in weed/mushrooms have resulted in about a 90% loss.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a few. They do nothing but tank.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Seeking alpha has a weed investing podcast that i hear advertised on my wallstreet breakfast podcast. Never really looked into it before.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a few hundred bucks to toss around and see what happens. With a few states allowing weed, and more to come, anyone think it's a good idea to purchase a few weed stocks? If so, what's the reason? What ones are good, etc.
View Quote
I can give you one good reason not to (if it applies): security clearance will be impacted. If you don't have a clearance, then disregard.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#11]
It's going to improve as soon as I retire.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
In California, the liberal Democrat controlled government has destroyed the "legal" industry
with liberal fascist overtaxation and overregulation
making their products way overpriced.

They have driven pot heads to buy from private sellers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I was hoping they would be good long term.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Go look at sundial growers OP.

Stay the F away with any money you don't want to go up in smoke
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a weed that anyone can grow if they want to with not much outlay. [as long as it's legal in your area]

[the market is pretty well saturated so stocks aren't going to make some sudden rise and make newcomers millionaires]
View Quote

Adding to the market saturation many 'banned" states now allow Delta-8 THC extracted and concentrated from hemp (basically ditch weed) through a legal loophole when hemp (not marijuana) was declared a legal agricultural crop again. My "friend" told me those Delta-8 gummies and vape cartridges are every bit as potent as the real thing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I think Altria and Coca Cola have purchased large chunks of some weed stocks to experiment with weed infused products. If these weed companies cannot make it with the technical, financial and marketing expertise of the F500 companies, there is little hope for smaller guys to make a huge gain anytime soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top