Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2022 4:27:49 PM EDT
Buy the dip, right?

(For those not aware, AMZN did a 1-to-20 split over the weekend I always find the psychology of stock splits to be curious.)
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It should dip even more after the split wears off. Then buy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The amusing part is that I saw this pic initially on a finance board. And PLENTY of people were either being sucked in or panicking. If these people seriously think AMZN suddenly dropped 95%, they probably shouldn't be buying individual stocks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
well technically the price per share did drop.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The amusing part is that I saw this pic initially on a finance board. And PLENTY of people were either being sucked in or panicking. If these people seriously think AMZN suddenly dropped 95%, they probably shouldn't be buying individual stocks.
View Quote

Those same "people" vote and rob us of oxygen too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The fact that the number of shares doubled, but the price did not halve should tell you something.

That is actually a bump up in value.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The fact that the number of shares doubled, but the price did not halve should tell you something.

That is actually a bump up in value.
View Quote

The number of shares vigintupled.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The number of shares vigintupled.
View Quote
Not every day you get to work that word into an ARF post.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought 25 shares of Amazon last month, now have 500 shares. One month return of 14.50%+.

Tomorrow is another day. Who knows what will happen. Feeling good for the time being.

Added: Doesn't make up for the losses this year on my other stonks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I happen to be online at 3am reviewing my holdings when they did the update. For some reason they calculated the new split price at a different time than the new split shares. I had the same starting shares at 1/20 of the price and my portfolio took a major hit.

Of course a few hours later everything trued up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top