Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2022 2:41:13 PM EDT
Who among you has tried this Staking of your crypto coins?  How does this work and is it worth doing?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Algorand staked, which isn't really staked technically.  You just have to hold for a period and vote once on protocol changes.  I think I had around 2700 coins in governance and received roughly 50 Algo in return last quarter.  It will be down from that next period, but I plan on just letting them ride in governance until the coin goes to zero or the moon.  We're closer to zero now

I chose not to stake my ETH because I want to be able to sell if the price goes crazy around the merge if that ever happens.  Seems like people did really well who staked early though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Just heard the term, "Staking" and I have some coins, so figure my BTC is just hanging around 40K, so might I make some money while I wait.  Just started looking at U-tube videos to learn how to make this happen.  Glad to hear others have tried it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for responding, as I thought I was the only one interested in making interest on coins sitting in wallets, just waiting for them to go up in value.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Lots of coins offer staking, with returns in the 3-6% range.

I stake ETH on Coinbase at around 3.5%, and its locked until the mege happens, which is fine, because I don't plan to sell it.

Stake ADA (4.5%) and SOL (5.5%) on Exodus wallet, those can be staked and unstaked in a day or two, so the funds aren't locked for a long time. I'm bullish on ADA and SOL, so im buying all I can at these prices

ATOM offers great returns on Coinbase too(5%), but I only have a small amount, under $1k.

All of them are down in value compared to last year, but 1 ETH is still 1ETH, and when the prices rebound, ill have more if it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I stake ICP using their network nervous system.
Looking at 28% apy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stake ICP using their network nervous system.
Looking at 28% apy.
View Quote

I stake GNS for a share of the gainsnetwork profits. 40-120 APY on GNS and 10-20% apy on dai.

The GNS pays out from minting but the token is highly deflationary and I compound daily and grab cash when needed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I had NuCypher staked, 2k in tokens, something like 25% APY during the staking period.  Price was up, went way down, came back up, I hit the staking period end, pulled the stake and sold.

Total gamble, could have gained more, but odds are I should have lost more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top