BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Goldman Sachs is moving into the market. They just put out a buy recommendation on the physical commodity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?time_continue=583

BTW, Justin Hune puts out this “Uranium Market Minute” just about every day, well worth a sub if you’re interested in the uranium market.
View Quote

I picked up few of the popular Uranium stocks and threw a couple grand in back in September of 21

None of them have done particularly great

I own;

SRUUF -The Sprott physical trust which is like PSLV but for Uranium -Pretty much Even
FCUUF -Fission Uranium Corp -Down 10%
DNN -Dension Mines Corp -Down 2%
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I picked up few of the popular Uranium stocks and threw a couple grand in back in September of 21

None of them have done particularly great

I own;

SRUUF -The Sprott physical trust which is like PSLV but for Uranium -Pretty much Even
FCUUF -Fission Uranium Corp -Down 10%
DNN -Dension Mines Corp -Down 2%
View Quote

You bought during the Sprott fomo, the absolute worst time. I had fomo too and was adding to my positions at the time and made a couple of less than stellar moves. To raise cash, I sold some of my Great Bear for about $10 that sold to Kinross for $22 bucks on Dec 8th.

I did, however keep buying all through the dip that followed and I’m doing quite well now but I started buying in Nov ‘20. Hodl because I think we’re just getting started. I am still a buyer at these prices. I have a lot of cash from the GBR/Kinross deal that I keep funneling into U stocks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You bought during the Sprott fomo, the absolute worst time. I had fomo too and was adding to my positions at the time and made a couple of less than stellar moves. To raise cash, I sold some of my Great Bear for about $10 that sold to Kinross for $22 bucks on Dec 8th.

I did, however keep buying all through the dip that followed and I’m doing quite well now but I started buying in Nov ‘20. Hodl because I think we’re just getting started. I am still a buyer at these prices. I have a lot of cash from the GBR/Kinross deal that I keep funneling into U stocks.
View Quote

I'm diamond hands, def not selling!
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Uranium Conference 3.0 - The World's Best Uranium Companies

uranium conference 3.0 is on now
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKQrbYx6nM

View Quote

John Campaglia said were are only in the second inning.

ETA: For anyone interested but "TLDW" watch at least the first guest, John Campaglia, from Sprott.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

John Campaglia said were are only in the second inning.

ETA: For anyone interested but "TLDW" watch at least the first guest, John Campaglia, from Sprott.
View Quote

Gee I frickin hope so ....I'm basically at break even right now with the gains in some and losses in others.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKQrbYx6nM

View Quote

I was watching this live, and for some reason google searched uranium and saw that there was also a live Senate hearing about critical minerals including uranium was going on. At the same time!
After hearing Sprot, I tuned to that and it was way more...  impactful.

You can see it here. Senate hearing on domestic critical mineral supply chain

ETA: I'm long CCJ and UUUU.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Spot U price reaches a new 52 week high. SRUUF made it's new 52 week high today as well. Miners are still on sale. Many, if not most of, the miners are below prices they were at last November when spot U was much lower.

Aaaand the North Shore Global Uranium Mining trust ETF is now officially the "Sprott uranium Miners ETF" and will list on the NYSE, I believe under new name, same ticker, on April 25th.

This is big. Sprott has a huge client list with deep pockets that were just waiting for this to happen. Sprott taking over and moving to NYSE opens this up to a lot of funds that wanted to, but could not participate before. Now Sprott owns the ETF and the mechanism to drive prices higher. Remember, SRUUF the physical uranium trust, only purchases uranium, there is NO MECHANISM TO SELL. Once they buy it, it goes into storage forever. If the price of uranium goes down, the trust will just trade at a discount to NAV. If it goes up more than 1% premium to NAV, they buy more uranium. When they buy uranium, that drives the price up which drives up the price of the stocks in their ETF. They buy more stocks for the ETF which drives up the price etc etc it is its own, positive feedback loop.

ETA: Sprott is still working on moving SRUUF to the NYSE.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Spot U price reaches a new 52 week high. SRUUF made it's new 52 week high today as well. Miners are still on sale. Many, if not most of, the miners are below prices they were at last November when spot U was much lower.

Aaaand the North Shore Global Uranium Mining trust ETF is now officially the "Sprott uranium Miners ETF" and will list on the NYSE, I believe under new name, same ticker, on April 25th.

This is big. Sprott has a huge client list with deep pockets that were just waiting for this to happen. Sprott taking over and moving to NYSE opens this up to a lot of funds that wanted to, but could not participate before. Now Sprott owns the ETF and the mechanism to drive prices higher. Remember, SRUUF the physical uranium trust, only purchases uranium, there is NO MECHANISM TO SELL. Once they buy it, it goes into storage forever. If the price of uranium goes down, the trust will just trade at a discount to NAV. If it goes up more than 1% premium to NAV, they buy more uranium. When they buy uranium, that drives the price up which drives up the price of the stocks in their ETF. They buy more stocks for the ETF which drives up the price etc etc it is its own, positive feedback loop.

ETA: Sprott is still working on moving SRUUF to the NYSE.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPq7idFXEAgR1s8?format=png&name=medium
View Quote

The detachment of miners from spot price has also happened in gold, but the opposite direction. Miners and royalty stocks in gold are at or above where they were when gold was $150/oz higher on 3/8. The stocks never came down, and some like RGLD went up from there.

For gold, I'm purchasing the imho discounted physical metal and leaving the pricier miners alone. Uranium, I'm loading up on the miners. UUUU at $8.60 with spot uranium somewhere near $60 is just a gift.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The detachment of miners from spot price has also happened in gold, but the opposite direction. Miners and royalty stocks in gold are at or above where they were when gold was $150/oz higher on 3/8. The stocks never came down, and some like RGLD went up from there.

For gold, I'm purchasing the imho discounted physical metal and leaving the pricier miners alone. Uranium, I'm loading up on the miners. UUUU at $8.60 with spot uranium somewhere near $60 is just a gift.
View Quote

I have been buying a lot this last pullback. I made a lot of money on Great Bear that I’ve been putting into U stocks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Spot Uranium up another buck.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#12]
has anyone invested in any uranium refining companies? Yes they are going to have higher costs but russia was doing most of the refining and have been cut off...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
has anyone invested in any uranium refining companies? Yes they are going to have higher costs but russia was doing most of the refining and have been cut off...
View Quote
interesting, I hadn't thought about that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
interesting, I hadn't thought about that.
View Quote

I'm not sure what "refining" is for U308. I believe the big miners do their own processing to fuel condition for the utilities.
Not to be confused with enriching, which I'm pretty sure isn't outsourced.

ETA: Recycling spent fuel is a thing, and I just looked and Orano seems to be the big one for this. Half nationally owned by France, half by other private companies. But this is definitely an aspect of Uranium to look into so yep, good idea.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#15]
here is one example of a refiner

https://www.ltbridge.com/

here is another one

https://www.centrusenergy.com/what-we-do/nuclear-fuel/high-assay-low-enriched-uranium/
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

The fuel cycle is several stages. First you dig the ore out of the ground. Then you refine the ore into yellow cake, U308. Then you have to convert the U308 into UF6, uranium hexaflouride gas. Then you put the UF6 in a centrifuge and spin it to separate the isotopes into fissionable products. That’s enriching. That whole process takes 18 months to a couple years.

Beside the US government, there is only one company that I know of that has centrifuges and they just shut down a couple years ago. They are starting back up but it will take time. Converdyne is the name I think.

It’s more complicated than that, but that’s basically it.

ETA:

Today’s uranium market minute. If you want to invest in uranium, I highly recommend following these two guys on Twitter, John Quakes and Justin Hune. I can’t overstate that. Justin puts out these 15-20 minute videos almost every day, they’re a must watch. I’m a paid subscriber to his newsletter The Uranium Insider Pro.

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 105: Commodities Super-Bull...Early Innings?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
here is one example of a refiner

https://www.ltbridge.com/

here is another one

https://www.centrusenergy.com/what-we-do/nuclear-fuel/high-assay-low-enriched-uranium/
View Quote

Light bridge is not a refiner or enricher, they are a fuel assembler. They take enriched uranium and make fuel rods.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:40:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Light bridge is not a refiner or enricher, they are a fuel assembler. They take enriched uranium and make fuel rods.
View Quote

Thanks for explaining
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks for explaining
View Quote

It's important to understand the stages in the fuel cycle:

Mining: digging the ore out of the ground

Refining: turning the ore into U308 or "yellow cake."

Conversion: turning the U308 yellow cake into uranium hexaflouride or UF6

Enrichment: spinning the UF6 gas in a centrifuge to separate the isotopes and increase the percentage of uranium 235

Fuel production:  Taking the enriched U235 and making fuel rods that go into the reactors as fuel

So you can see it's a complicated process and there is no "one stop shop" where this can all happen at once. Each segment happens in different places and takes significant time and costs money. That's why we're in a supply deficit now. Because the market was depressed for so long, the price dropped below the cost to mine and refine so mines shut down and refiners, convertors and enrichers also dropped off. There is no shortage of uranium in the ground, it's relatively plentiful. There is a shortage of near term supply and there is a shortage of long term supply at these prices.

Interesting thing about enrichment is called underfeeding and overfeeding.

There is a shortage of enrichment capacity in the west. There are few enrichers and most of the world's uranium is enriched in Kazahkstan and flows through Russia. That supply is ending, about 40% of the world's enriched uranium.

Here's the thing, imagine uranium is olive oil. Say for argument's sake I have a machine that squishes olives and makes oil. Each hour I run it is called a "separative work unit" or SWU and I charge the customer for each SWU. The customers bring me their olives to squish and I get to keep the mush left over as waste.

Say if I put 100 barrels of olives in my squisher and squish them for 100 hours I get 100 gallons of oil.

If I'm not busy, I can run the leftover mush for another 100 hours and get another 50 barrels of oil which I can sell into the market. This is underfeeding and has been going the last many years during the bear market.

Or if my customer needs his oil quick, I can put 200 barrels of olives in and run it for 100 hours and get 200 barrels of olive oil. This called overfeeding.

If there is a supply crunch for olive oil, and there is, this will start to happen. Further exacerbating the supply crunch and further driving up the price of olives.

So, what this means is that because we are having a supply crunch for enriched uranium, the enrichers will start to overfeed their centrifuges to make up for that, that will cause further demand for UF6 and further demand for U308 up the line, driving prices further up.

Also, because of the increased demand for enrichment, the price for SWUs goes up as well. This adds further price pressure, which causes more buyers to enter the market to secure supply because the race is on. This causes more pressure on the price. The effect is actually double. Underfeeding adds “free product” to the cycle. It doesn’t go back to normal, they go to over feed which requires “extra product” from the market.

The “free product” is secondary supply sold back into spot market. This is now gone and now “extra product” is required. That 50 lbs put back in the market now requires 100 lbs to get to over feeding. That’s a net 150 lbs extra demand when they switch from underfeeding to overfeeding.

The uranium market is entering a perfect storm. Each factor in the supply chain is feeding on other factors, and so on, and so on. For those familiar with futures and precious metals, there is no real futures market in uranium. There is ONLY the spot market driving prices. True price discovery.

Here is a great podcast from today with both John Ciampaglia of Sprott and Justin Huhn of Uranium Insider.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/all-things-uranium-with-sprotts-john-ciampaglia/id1418050443?i=1000557691530

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#22]
The Wall Street bets Reddit crowd is waking up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/u1x2lq/uranium_neuron_firing_edition/

The future sometimes rhymes.

The market is in a huge bubble and historically, when that bubble bursts, the money rolls into commodities.

Thursday's Market Minute:

Pay attention at 7:30

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 106: A 30,000' View of Flows, Flows, Flows

Here is an excellent primer for new investors.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1137894315944841217?s=20
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I appreciate the thread.

The price charts indicate to me that the place to be to catch this ride is with the producers.  Costs are mostly fixed, and so the profits should skyrocket.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I appreciate the thread.

The price charts indicate to me that the place to be to catch this ride is with the producers.  Costs are mostly fixed, and so the profits should skyrocket.
View Quote

Optionality is the key to huge gains.

If it costs $50 to mine a commodity and the price of said commodity is $60 the profit is $10. A 18% rise in price to $70 is a 100% rise in profit, roughly speaking.

That being said, a rising tide raises all boats and this sector is so small, the gains in developers and explorecos could also be huge. I forget who said it (may have been Rick Rule) but in a uranium bull market, when the money starts to move in "It's like trying to put the contents of Hoover Dam through a garden hose." In the last bull run, companies with zero assets and merely the word "uranium" in the company name made huge gains. The number of "uranium" companies swole to over 500. I watched it myself in the crypto run of 2017-18. Companies with merely the word 'crypto' or 'blockchain' their name made huge gains. I'm not recommending investing in such companies, just making a point.

The market cap of the whole uranium space is miniscule compared to other commodities. I think there are maybe 60-70 companies total in the uranium space and the total market cap is under 50 billion dollars.  The MC of Exxon Mobile alone is $370B. Netflix is $150B. The market cap of Tesla is one trillion dollars.

Elon Musk could buy every asset in the uranium space for about what he's bidding for Twitter. That's how small this market is. Relatively speaking, It doesn't take a lot of money to move it a lot.

That makes its own catch 22 though. Investment funds, hedge funds, pension funds, a lot of big money funds etc.. have rules about where they can put their money. They usually involve market cap and liquidity. What does that mean? It means the companies and ETFs they invest in must equal a certain total valuation and or a certain volume of trading before they can invest their money. The uranium space at this point is still so small that we aren't quite there yet so there is still a lot of big money that wants in but can't get in. Yet. The Sprott ETF URNM has applied for listing on the NYSE and when (if) they are approved, that hurdle should be lifted. Their application is in the 45 day comment period right now. We could find out as early as the end of the this quarter or as late as the end of next quarter.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#25]

https://ceo.ca/@newswire/encore-energy-provides-rosita-uranium-plant-update

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, April 18, 2022 /CNW/ - enCore Energy Corp. ("enCore" or the "Company") (TSXV: EU) (OTCQB: ENCUF) announced today that the refurbishment of its 100% owned Rosita In-Situ Recovery (ISR) Uranium Processing Plant (Rosita Plant) is presently 90% complete with an expected completion date in May 2022. The Plant modernization and refurbishment is essential to the Company goal of becoming the next producer of American uranium.
View Quote

*ISR or “in situ recovery” is a method of mining uranium that is akin to fracking. They drill a hole and pump liquid down the hole. The liquid frees up the uranium and they pump it out. That’s an oversimplification but you get the idea. It only works with certain types of uranium deposits.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Spot price up another .25 today.

Today’s market minute.

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 107: US DOE Announces $6Bil Nuclear Support
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#27]
What is the thought on DNN ? I am still just starting out and mostly doing divivend stocks, but if a whole sector is gonna go up...
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What is the thought on DNN ? I am still just starting out and mostly doing divivend stocks, but if a whole sector is gonna go up...
View Quote

I bought DNN maybe 6 months back and I'm down ~8% (although just today it's down 6%) Maybe a buying opportunity idk, I'm less sold on Uranium stocks than I was when I purchased

The Uranium threads were huge on Wall Street Bets and 4chan /biz CMMG about 6-8 months ago. All over the place with infographics left and right.

I'll happily eat my words when we're all millionaires (as I have some bucks invested) but I have seen some rebuttals (generally it's around the fact the US basically stopped opening new nuclear plants decades ago and most were constructed in the 70-90's IIRC)

Again, hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure the Uranium market is going to pop.

I was also wrong about gold and silver but put exponentially more money in
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Thinking maybe $200.  Like i said in still starting out, but all but 1 of my stocks pay dividends, even the one i am using to  do options.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#30]
@Shinji_Ikari

URNM has about a 7% dividend yield.

U stocks took a beating today, mostly red with a few gainers on news. Boss energy, Global Atomic and Purepoint Uranium were in the green. That being said, you can see it as good buying opportunity. Several U stocks touched down around their 20 day moving averages. Spot u was down a quarter I think today and SPUT is trading at about 6% a discount to NAV.

https://ceo.ca/@newswire/global-atomic-corporate-update-b6b01

https://ceo.ca/@newsfile/purepoint-uranium-discovers-12-kilometres-of-continuous

Today's market minute:

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 108: SPUT Quiet, Spot Price "Sticky"
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#31]

https://www.energy.gov/articles/doe-seeks-applications-bids-6-billion-civil-nuclear-credit-program?utm_campaign=&utm_content=1650459361&utm_date=20220420&utm_medium=ENERGY&utm_source=twitter

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) today announced plans to seek applications and sealed bid submissions under the $6 billion Civil Nuclear Credit Program (CNC) to support the continued operation of U.S. nuclear reactors — the nation’s largest source of clean energy. The guidance published today directs owners or operators of nuclear power reactors that are expected to shut down due to economic circumstances on how to apply for funding to avoid premature closure. This includes instructions on formulating and submitting sealed bids for allocation of credits. This critical investment, made possible by President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, will help avoid premature retirements of reactors across the country due to financial hardship, preserve thousands of good-paying clean energy jobs to sustain local economies and protect our supply of carbon-free electricity generation.?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Today was a good day for Uranium. Everything I hold was green.
Leading was Global Atomic at +7.3% followed by UEC, LEU, CCJ, DNN, SRUUF, and UUUU +3% at the end of the pack.
Took a good bite out of SRUUF at yesterdays big discount to NAV, gotta support the base metal too.

Interesting 1 year comparison of 4 majors, starting a year ago at 0 relative to each other. Comes from /r/UraniumSqueeze.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Today was a good day for Uranium. Everything I hold was green.
Leading was Global Atomic at +7.3% followed by UEC, LEU, CCJ, DNN, SRUUF, and UUUU +3% at the end of the pack.
Took a good bite out of SRUUF at yesterdays big discount to NAV, gotta support the base metal too.

Interesting 1 year comparison of 4 majors, starting a year ago at 0 relative to each other. Comes from /r/UraniumSqueeze.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/461570/sq_png-2355886.JPG

View Quote

ISOEnergy led my u stocks with a +12.08% gain today followed by Forum Energy +9.73 and Fission Uranium +8.17

Oddly enough, spot u was down a touch today.

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#34]
U stocks taking a beating today so far. They started shitty yesterday and closed mostly green and it's still early so.

Added to ENCUF and ISENF today during the -12.5% off sale. They both finished 8.5% down on the day so i managed to catch them at their lows. Absolutely brutal day for me though.

anyway, here's some analyst info for your reading pleasure.

https://clients.haywood.com/uploadfiles/secured_reports/UxApr212022.pdf

Not sure how we didn't see this coming. It was right here in the chart.

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#35]
That was a rough day. Everything on sale.
No specific news outside of Powell's hollow threats of fiscal restraint dampening commodities across the board. He's behind the curve and inflation is going to be our reality for awhile.  Clearly though, the cost of financing projects and rising fuel and labor costs will affect bottom lines. So it's not all roses.

Nothing else has changed. Spot has come down a dollar or so. Otherwise, the war is still on. More plants intend to stay online due to energy concerns. New plants coming online. Federal dollars to marginal plants to keep them viable. Demand is outstripping production and dormant capacity takes time to revive. Oil and LNG prices are high. The public and bureaucrats seem more ready to face the fact that a greener energy base just has to include nuclear, than it has in my 60 years on the coil.

Added more LEU, UEC and UUUU at the end of the session.

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You guys should have never had me buy in.

The second I jump into a stock the entire category will tank
View Quote
You could just put it in your watch list.  Risk free satisfaction, whether it goes up or down.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Ugh. What a brutal couple of days.

On the bright side:

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Justin is here to talk you down off the ledge.

[youtube]watch?time_continue=1653[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Justin is here to talk you down off the ledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?time_continue=1653
View Quote

Lol. I wonder if he was in touch with his subscribers at the end of last week. He seems like a good egg, but if I was paying for his counsel, I'd not be happy.

I had just finished a good skim before the drop, which was good, but rotated about half of that from big names to smaller with more upside (and downside) potential. So not good, not terrible.

Your link isn't right, but here Justin is. Going to give him a listen in a bit.
Uranium Market Minute – Episode 109: We've Seen This Movie Before...
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#40]
If you haven't seen bloor street capitol, They do a great interview with denison ceo and they have a lot of other videos you should probably see

Denison Mines - Uranium Developer in Athabasca Basin - David Cates
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Today’s market minute and below is the video he mentions. Watch them both.

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 110: Long-Term SWU & The "Trickle Down"

this is very important for uranium
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#42]
This is huge news. Utilities will have to scramble to increase their inventories. This fits in with the big jump in long term SWU prices.

If you want to follow the whole thread on the World Nuclear Assoc. Working Group Meetings.

https://twitter.com/WorldNuclear
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#43]
SPUT denied listing on the NYSE.

The reason, not stated in this news release, is because the NYSE requires that physical trusts listed on the NYSE have some mechanism for physical redemption. Sprott was applying for an exemption to this rule because, obviously, you can't deliver uranium to just anybody.

But wait! there's more!!

And today's market minute:

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 111: Inventory Drawdown is Upon Us...
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Ugh it's brutal out there but consider everything "on sale." It was Rick Rule who said "If you liked it at $20, you must really like it at $10."

Here's a list to help you shop.

Looks like it might be a green day today.

Ranking member of the energy committee says it’s time to stop buying Russian uranium.

[youtube]watch?time_continue=2[/youtube]

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#45]
This is a big deal.

https://dividendwealth.co.uk/eu-proposal-to-impose-russian-oil-embargo-on-wednesday-at-the-latest-the-interior/

EU proposal to impose Russian oil embargo on Wednesday at the latest |

After the Russian invasion of Ukraine at the end of February, the European Commission has already adopted five sanctions packages. They targeted, among other things, Russian banks, shipping traffic and sea freight. A sixth sanctions package is in full preparation and will target Russian oil. Russia’s largest bank, Sberbank, will also be added to the sanctions list.

The new measures will also limit nuclear cooperation. For example, until recently, Slovakia purchased Russian fuel elements for its nuclear reactors.

View Quote

Scott Melbye holds the position of President, Chief Executive Officer & Director at Uranium Royalty Corp. and President of Uranium Producers of America. Mr. Melbye is also Executive Vice President of Uranium Energy Corp. and Principal at Castle Rock Uranium LLC.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Good morning. Here’s a great Twitter thread about why “maybe it’s different this time.”

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Market have been brutal lately bringing U equities down with it. The fundamentals have not changed. In fact, the spot price of U308 rose during the sell off with SPUT out of the market. That means utilities are buying.

Friday's market minute:

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 117: Early Days

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Market have been brutal lately bringing U equities down with it. The fundamentals have not changed. In fact, the spot price of U308 rose during the sell off with SPUT out of the market. That means utilities are buying.

Friday's market minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkQC_u_OdkI

View Quote

Yep, it's a good old fashioned throw the baby out with the bath water buying opportunity. My whole portfolio is defensive + U, and dropped a ton but I'm not skeered. The only thing that worries me is the ever present but minute possibility of some accident somewhere setting us way the Fukishima back again. PM's and Uranium will have their day in the sun. Soon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep, it's a good old fashioned throw the baby out with the bath water buying opportunity. My whole portfolio is defensive + U, and dropped a ton but I'm not skeered. The only thing that worries me is the ever present but minute possibility of some accident somewhere setting us way the Fukishima back again. PM's and Uranium will have their day in the sun. Soon.
View Quote

I've been in this sector since 2020 and if I was just sitting on my original positions, I'd still be way up overall. However, I have been buying all along during dips and a couple fomo buys as well and this pull back has certainly hurt.

Having said that, I would love to be finding out about this whole uranium thesis today.  Many of the top uranium names are down near 50% off their 52 week highs. It's a great entry point.

Let's Talk Uranium with Justin Huhn of Uranium Insider
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:55:51 AM EDT
[#50]
No uranium gambling. I leave that to the addicts.
However I did invest in a Geiger counter
because it is the ONLY tool that answers
the ONE question you NEED to know.

IS IT SAFE?

It'll come in handy real soon...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top