Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/12/2021 9:22:39 PM EDT
I started buying some uranium stocks last year after learning we are heading into a multi-year bull market cycle. The thesis was sound and still is. Well, Sprott bought a physical uranium ETF and turned it into an ATM Trust and started hovering up what little uranium there is on the spot market. It went live three weeks ago and spot U308 is up 30% already. My uranium stocks are going up 5,10, 20% a day. Last week, one day all nine of my positions were up double digits. Now the Wall Street bets crowd are getting wise and the whole uranium market cap is less that AMC and GME together.

Anyone else on the train?

Here is a guide posted by a guy called "Quakes99" on twitter. He is a must follow for anyone in the space.

A Guide to Why and How You can be a Successful Investor in the Bull Market for #Uranium - #Nuclear Fuel

Aug 21

Another great thread on the present state of the uranium market.

*I have no idea what I'm talking about. Following any of my advice can cause you to lose all your money.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit man, why did you wait so long to tell us?

What are the tickers?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shit man, why did you wait so long to tell us?

What are the tickers?
View Quote

Here’s tonight’s open in Australia. It’s been like this day after day and it’s just starting.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Go read everything this guy wrote on Twitter.

And this guy.

And this guy. He was a co founder at Sprott and is now retired.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn I saw that spam in the PMG thread on /biz months ago and did nothing
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought REMX less than a year ago at $68 and it sells now at $118. Rare Earth Metals fund. I am NOT NOT NOT an expert on anything but waking up every day. I'm not selling this as it is a SMALL portion of our holdings but I truly think it has the potential to get to $400. It can and might and probably will go to zero in the next available trading session and each and every one thereafter dated 9/12/2021.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn I saw that spam in the PMG thread on /biz months ago and did nothing
View Quote

Dude, this thing is just starting. Spot is at 42.50 and it has to hit 60-70 bucks before any new supply can come online. Mines are shut down and take months and years to restart or start new ones. Spot could easily hit 150, 200 or even higher. You could throw a dart and hit a miner that will do 5x from here. This could go on for two years.

The uranium market is normally cyclical because utilities contract supply years at a time. The market was due for a bull cycle but this new Sprott etf has changed the game and accelerated it.

This Sprott fund is a feedback loop in itself. The prospectus says it has to issue shares at the market when the premium to NAV rises. Then it has to spend that money buying U308 and UF6 on the spot market. That drives the price and the premium up and it feeds upon itself.  There is hardly any uranium out there. It’s only been operational for three weeks and if it keeps buying at this rate, within a year it will have purchased enough U to supply the whole US market for one year. There is no mechanism to sell.

Read this. Kevin Bamborough is one of the original founders at Sprott.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1437134682404147201.html
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s just the beginning.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Been holding about a year on half a dozen Uranium stocks.
Ready for some sweet sweet long term gains.
GLATF
BNNLF
UUUU
FCUUF
PALAF
CCJ
URNM
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
GLATF
BNNLF
UUUU
FCUUF
PALAF
CCJ
URNM
View Quote

I don’t hold UUUU or Global but I hold the rest including some Jan 30 dollar calls on Cameco. The WSB people have them in their sights.

I also hold Boss, UEX, Peninsula, Purepoint, SRUUF(the Sprott fund) and some DNN calls.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dude, this thing is just starting. Spot is at 42.50 and it has to hit 60-70 bucks before any new supply can come online. Mines are shut down and take months and years to restart or start new ones. Spot could easily hit 150, 200 or even higher. You could throw a dart and hit a miner that will do 5x from here. This could go on for two years.

The uranium market is normally cyclical because utilities contract supply years at a time. The market was due for a bull cycle but this new Sprott etf has changed the game and accelerated it.

This Sprott fund is a feedback loop in itself. The prospectus says it has to issue shares at the market when the premium to NAV rises. Then it has to spend that money buying U308 and UF6 on the spot market. That drives the price and the premium up and it feeds upon itself.  There is hardly any uranium out there. It’s only been operational for three weeks and if it keeps buying at this rate, within a year it will have purchased enough U to supply the whole US market for one year. There is no mechanism to sell.

Read this. Kevin Bamborough is one of the original founders at Sprott.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1437134682404147201.html
View Quote

U.UN is the ticker? N/M saw it above!

I have more PSLV than I know what to do with and it hasn't done much. Hoping this could be the ticket!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don’t hold UUUU or Global but I hold the rest including some Jan 30 dollar calls on Cameco. The WSB people have them in their sights.

I also hold Boss, UEX, Peninsula, Purepoint, SRUUF(the Sprott fund) and some DNN calls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GLATF
BNNLF
UUUU
FCUUF
PALAF
CCJ
URNM

we need you in the $MVIS thread.
(unless you are already)
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Want-a-throw-of-the-dice-on-NASDAQ-Crocodile-licks-the-moon-/5-2314966/
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ve checked google trends and “uranium” or “uranium stocks” isn’t moving at all. Retail has not joined this party yet. The financial talking heads have only just noticed this saying “it caught everyone by surprise..”
It’s still early day despite the massive gains already.

I sold all my PSLV and SILJ and moved it to U stocks last week. I am selling some of my core position of GTBAF today and moving it to U stocks. This is NOT a pump and dump. The core fundamentals of this are absolutely sound. Do your own DD and you’ll see.

The whole U market is tiny relative to any other commodity market, like 35 billion total. Utilities HAVE to buy uranium or the lights go out. Miners are not producing because the price is too low. Supply is tight. The Sprott fund is consuming the supply. The spot price of U still has to move another 50% to incentivize the miners to restart the mines. Retail is only just waking up to this.

Australia last night:

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Threw $500ea towards URNM and SRUUF...now to sit and wait to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have doubts about whether this rally/bull market is real, watch this video.

Surge in uranium spot price isn't artificial: Denison Mines CEO
David Cates, president and CEO of Denison Mines, joins BNN Bloomberg for his outlook on the run up in uranium prices and if he thinks the rally is sustainable long-term.
View Quote

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/commodities/video/surge-in-uranium-sprott-price-isn-t-artificial-denison-mines-ceo~2281186

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Just saw this thread tonight and started doing some research.  I've set up the following buys for tomorrow morning:

12 X URNM
1000 X DNN
100 X SRUUF
1200 X FCUUF

If it tanks, it won't be the dumbest thing I've ever spent money on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Bought some more UUUU and picked up some DNN and FCUUF this morning.

Might double my position in DNN and FCUUF depending on how things play out over the next few hours.  Looking at Potentially doing the same with URNM since they're pretty well diversified

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought the dip and picked up another 500 of DNN and 100 of UUUU.  I've bee reading everything I can find and honestly it is a bit overwhelming trying to decide where to put what limited funds I have.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought the dip and picked up another 500 of DNN and 100 of UUUU.  I've bee reading everything I can find and honestly it is a bit overwhelming trying to decide where to put what limited funds I have.
View Quote

The ETF URNM holds 9% in SPUT and it’s a pure uranium play. URA holds no SPUT and some other non uranium stocks.  Park your money in URNM until you decide.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys should have never had me buy in.

The second I jump into a stock the entire category will tank
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Yup. Just the Sprott Trust, Northshore Uranium ETF, and best one of all Uranium Royalty Corp.

You guys should really check out Uranium Royalty Corp if you haven't yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been watching it but never put a toe in.  Still focused on the gold/silver explorers; know that area a lot better.

Since you asked (not really, but I've seen you over at ceo.ca), current top four holdings in that space are:
BYN / BYAGF
LAB / NKOSF
ELO / ELLRF
CBR / CGBZF
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've been watching it but never put a toe in.  Still focused on the gold/silver explorers; know that area a lot better.

Since you asked (not really, but I've seen you over at ceo.ca), current top four holdings in that space are:
BYN / BYAGF
LAB / NKOSF
ELO / ELLRF
CBR / CGBZF
View Quote

What’s your handle over there?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BYN / BYAGF
LAB / NKOSF
ELO / ELLRF
CBR / CGBZF

It's in your IM box.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#25]
I would have thought that this thread would be resurrected about now...
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I would have thought that this thread would be resurrected about now...
View Quote

Doesn’t get much traffic, oh well. I am not disappointed in any of my U picks and I expect even further gains from here. My CCJ and DNN calls are doing quite well too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Doesn't get much traffic, oh well. I am not disappointed in any of my U picks and I expect even further gains from here. My CCJ and DNN calls are doing quite well too.
View Quote
I'm still holding what I got.  Bought more during the dip.  Now I sit and wait...
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Doesn’t get much traffic, oh well. I am not disappointed in any of my U picks and I expect even further gains from here. My CCJ and DNN calls are doing quite well too.
View Quote

Mine too.

What is your cue to sell? What should we be watching as a tell that the market has run. Just price of uranium?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Mine too.

What is your cue to sell? What should we be watching as a tell that the market has run. Just price of uranium?
View Quote

The lowest calls for uranium spot are 70 bucks a pound. It’s at 47 right now. On the high end they say 90 bucks. Those are the conservative calls. Many SMEs say it will overshoot, some by a lot. That’s just to make it profitable to bring more supply online by the miners. What hasn’t been figured into that is that energy costs are skyrocketing and that will drive those numbers even higher. PLUS Kazataprom just announced their own physical uranium fund today. That’s three funds now that will be taking U out of the market, all outside of US regulators. I’m betting on at least a hundred bucks a pound.
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/no-1-uranium-miner-backs-physical-fund-in-nod-to-robust-demand-1.1668092

That being said, I sold some GTBAF to put into uranium plays and my plan was to ride it up a ways and buy back with some profits. So I plan to sell some U stocks in the near term because they are putting their maiden resource out in Q1 of 2022. I am big believer in Great Bear. I think the market has no idea how much gold is really there. So far that plan is working. I have given up some profit in GTBAF for a much larger gain in U stocks.

Today’s uranium stocks:

I own: AZURF, DNN, FCUUF, VMRSF, BQSSF, PALAF, URNM, SRUUF, BNNLF, UEXCF, PTUUF, PENMF and CCJ and DNN calls.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Mine too.

View Quote

I keep a trailing % stop under it in case of sudden market changing news (ie Fukushima type events).
These stocks can drop hard and fast on bad nuclear news of almost any kind.
Long term pro's are the currently unrealistic "Green Power" goals without much more nuclear energy, and the advent and acceptance of SMR's.
A new fund that is purchasing actual uranium is applying pressure to the price.

The current spot price is right around the "cost" to produce iirc, which won't compel production despite a tightening supply. Another positive, although mine accounting is some tricky stuff because of the equipment, fluctuating price of the commodity, changing ore quality, etc.

This is an investment that I would think requires some diligence in understanding and following news/data/etc. It isn't well covered by "professionals", leaving you a bit more on your own.
That said, you can't lose with a trailing stop (sell) that insures you end the position in the black at your comfort level from current price. It will sell itself. You can get "shook out" prematurely by a big sell before the next leg up that way too.

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I keep a trailing % stop under it in case of sudden market changing news (ie Fukushima type events).
These stocks can drop hard and fast on bad nuclear news of almost any kind.
Long term pro's are the currently unrealistic "Green Power" goals without much more nuclear energy, and the advent and acceptance of SMR's.
A new fund that is purchasing actual uranium is applying pressure to the price.
There are TWO new funds now. The Sprott fund and Kazataprom started their own fund today. Think about that. The world's largest uranium producer started a fund that will buy uranium and take it off the market.

The current spot price is right around the "cost" to produce iirc, which won't compel production despite a tightening supply. Another positive, although mine accounting is some tricky stuff because of the equipment, fluctuating price of the commodity, changing ore quality, etc.
That number, "cost of production" was figured a while back before the huge spike in energy prices. Mining is energy intensive and prices have to necessarily rise to reflect these higher costs. Plus, labor costs are rising as well. These mines are going to have pay more for miners to come work in the mines when they go back into production. I think that even if the price of uranium to make a mine profitable is say $47 today, by the time they get near production, say 18-24 months, that number will be even higher. More like 57 or 67. Producers aren't stupid either, they wont even think about going into production unless they have long term contracts signed at much higher prices. AND, the utilities HAVE to pay those prices or the lights go out. It's not speculation, it's arithmetic.

This is an investment that I would think requires some diligence in understanding and following news/data/etc. It isn't well covered by "professionals", leaving you a bit more on your own.
That said, you can't lose with a trailing stop (sell) that insures you end the position in the black at your comfort level from current price. It will sell itself. You can get "shook out" prematurely by a big sell before the next leg up that way too.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Just bumping this cause i want to keep it active.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought the dip in UROY the other day. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Sold all my dnn and uuuu today. Scheduled limit order to rebuy at 1.75 for dnn
Eta revised and bought @1.87 today
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#36]
So far this bit of bear has not done well on uranium but most uranium producers are still making a good profit finally, The price of uranium is climbing, Kazakhstan should also increase the price. So my question to everyone is when will the market respond? how long are you on uranium investments and are you buying this dip?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I have been buying a lot through this dip. I hit big on Great Bear Resources buyout by Kinross Gold and have been moving some of the profits in U stocks. It’s nice to be cashed up. I bought more DNN at 1.27 today.

I am long on uranium until spot hits at least $80.

If you aren’t following Justin, you should be. He publishes the Uranium Market Minute just about every day. Here’s today’s video.

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 67: So...You Say You Want To Be a Contrarian?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Uranium on the move this week.

ETA:  

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Uranium at the open down under.

Russia enriches 40% of the world's commercial uranium supply. There aren't many places that enrich uranium.

Although 13 countries have enrichment production capability or near-capability, about 90% of world enrichment capacity is in the five nuclear weapons states. These plus Germany, Netherlands and Japan provide toll enrichment services to the commercial market.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#40]
My top gainers today. With the sanctions on Russia the supply crunch in uranium is only exacerbated. Uranium is on fire right now.

SBSW is Sibanye Stillwater, mostly a gold company but they have some REEs and uranium too. And platinum.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Some movers last night on the ASX. Look at Vimy Resouces!

The supply/demand fundamentals for uranium were already set for this run. With the Russia sanctions, it’s a black swan event. White swan for investors, black swan for U buyers.

ASX at the close last night. Looking to be a good day today. I hold two of the top three.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm glad you're ripping it up.  I feel like a fish out of water w uranium and am just watching it and fighting FOMO to keep a tight focus on what I do know.

Probably should have taken at least an ETF position, but there were bargains to be had on my focus list and so ...
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Spot uranium hit $50 today. First time in ten years. Couple of the analysts in the know think the loose pounds in the carry trade are about done. That means the only place to shop is producers and that means the price has to go up even more.

The Sprott Trust continues to Hoover up uranium. This is like a turbocharger on the price of U. When they buy uranium, it comes off the market, never to come back.
The last few days have seen multi million dollar MOC block trade as big traders are entering the space.

If you don’t know the space, there are two ETFs, URA and URNM, that can give you easy exposure. It’s not too late we’re are just rebounding from a pullback. There is lots of room for this bull to run but please do your own DD.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Spot uranium hit $50 today. First time in ten years. Couple of the analysts in the know think the loose pounds in the carry trade are about done. That means the only place to shop is producers and that means the price has to go up even more.

The Sprott Trust continues to Hoover up uranium. This is like a turbocharger on the price of U. When they buy uranium, it comes off the market, never to come back.
The last few days have seen multi million dollar MOC block trade as big traders are entering the space.

If you don’t know the space, there are two ETFs, URA and URNM, that can give you easy exposure. It’s not too late we’re are just rebounding from a pullback. There is lots of room for this bull to run but please do your own DD.
View Quote

This is really big. Kazakhstan supplies about 40% of the world’s uranium. If this happens the price will skyrocket. This whole Russia thing is a black swan event… for the fuel buyers. A “white swan” event for investors in the space.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Taken from a post on reddit:

The Combined Market cap of the ENTIRE uranium sector today (March 1st, 2022 after ASX stock exchange closing and before the opening of the US and CAD stock exchange of March 1st, 2022, and after 2days of important share price increases in uranium company stocks) is only ~36.50 billion USD!! (Thank you Stokdog on twitter for the update of the Combined Market Cap)
How undervalued is the entire uranium sector at the moment (an update)?
Different ways to look at it.
Here are 2 ways:

The combined market cap of the ENTIRE uranium sector today (~36.50 billion USD) =
- 4.0% of the market cap of Tesla (900 billion USD)
- 6.4% of the market cap of Meta Platforms (Facebook) (574 billion USD)
- 2.3% of the market cap of Amazon (1563 billion USD)
- 2.0% of the market cap of Alphabet (Google) (1783 billion USD)
- 1.6% of the market cap of Saudi Arabian Oil Co. (Saudi Aramco) (2217 billion USD)
- 22.5% of the market cap of Petrochina (162 billion USD)
- 47.4% of the market cap of China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (77 billion USD)
- 11.0% of the market cap of Exxon Mobil Corp (332 billion USD)
- 13.0% of the market cap of Chevron Corp (280 billion USD)
- 18.3% of the market cap of Shell (200 billion USD)
- 39.2% of the market cap of Petrobras (93 billion USD)
- 1.1% of the combined market cap of the 7 oil companies mentioned above (3361 billion USD) !!
- 30.4% of the market cap of Boeing (120 billion USD)
- 0.20% of the market cap of all sustainable investing assets in 2020 in the USA (17100 billion USD)!!!

View Quote

2) The combined market cap of the ENTIRE uranium sector today (~36.50 billion USD) compared to a combined market cap of ~150 billion USD it had in 2011

View Quote

https://www.reddit.com/r/UraniumSqueeze/comments/t45k8q/how_undervalued_is_the_entire_uranium_sector_at/
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I sold some puts on URA.

Doing better than anything else I have done lately.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Here’s a thread explaining the dynamics at play in the uranium market right now.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1503135609883291649.html
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Uranium is getting media attention now. Countries, including Germany and Belgium who are run by the Greens, are rethinking and reversing their anti-nuke policies.

Uranium is a hairs breadth from being included in anti-Russian sanctions. Most of Kazak uranium goes through Russia. That’s 40% of the worlds enriched uranium. The uranium supply chain is already in deficit. Cut out Kazak U from the western supply chain and this could go parabolic soon. There is very little U produced and enriched in the US and I believe there is already a bill mandating US production and a strategic reserve.

Here is spreadsheet listing uranium stocks, where they’re located and separated into producers, developers, and explorers. You can see there are very few producers located in the US and very little enrichment capacity.

Big institutional money is moving into the space.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3814717-caxton-adds-fuel-to-the-uranium-fire-with-250m-purchase-of-physical-uranium?utm_medium=referral

Newly introduced Sprott Uranium Trust (OTCPK:SRUUF) units allowed retail investors to indirectly purchase physical uranium; the trust acquired ~52m lbs of uranium in the past nine months, or around a quarter of global, annual demand.
Thursday, Caxton Associates, a multi-billion dollar macro hedge fund, filed to disclose that the company owns over 18m of the Trust's 209m units.

View Quote

Caxton had to file because they bought over 10% of the fund. A quarter billion dollars. Ask yourself, how many big funds are buying huge, non-reportable chunks.

The total market cap of the whole uranium space is somewhere just over 50 billion. There is a lot of money yet to move into the space.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Goldman Sachs is moving into the market. They just put out a buy recommendation on the physical commodity.

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 97: Uranium No Longer an Orphaned Asset

BTW, Justin Hune puts out this “Uranium Market Minute” just about every day, well worth a sub if you’re interested in the uranium market.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top