Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 5:25:04 AM EDT
I am starting up a small IT business that will focus mainly on Data security and recovery as well as off-site data storage for local companies. I will have only a couple employees including myself at first. Do I need Fidelity Bonded Insurance and does this protect myself from any lawsuits from customers that may experience compromised data in case one of my employees screws up?
Reason I'm asking is that most of my customers will be Banks, Lawyers and Pharmacies. (very confidential data in other words)
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask your insurance agent.    I have 4 Million in coverage on mine but it is only E&O and business insurance.   Not quite the same business model though.   And no Bond.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Once you have employees and they will have access to confidential customers' data, I think you need to have fidelity bond.
You need to have a good talk with your insurance agent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I want to make sure I have all my bases covered because of all the confidential data.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Most companies wont touch you without one and forget any kind of government work without the proper insurance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top