Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 5:02:55 PM EDT
I work for the postal service and we have thrift saving plans (TSP).its company matching up to 5 percent,dollar for dollar for the
First 3,then 50% for the other 2.
I just recieved my year end statement and wonder what others thought of my investment and returns.
currently I have 84% going to G fund, 3% to C fund, and 13% to the I fund.
Keep end mind I have no knowledge in any of this and dont remember how or why I came up with those choices and percentages for investing.
I had a return rate of 4.08% for the last 12 months.
I'm currently at 38k,and ive been investing since 02'
just looking for some thoughts and opinions.

On a side note bout 8 months ago I started a Roth IRA for added savings.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep end mind I have no knowledge in any of this and dont remember how or why I came up with those choices and percentages for investing.

If you don't know anything about your investments and don't care to learn, then get one of the "L" funds.  Pick the L fund with a date around when you think you will retire, set a reasonable percentage (at least 5% to max out the match, and hopefully much higher so you can actually retire someday), and forget about it.  The L Fund is like an autopilot that automatically adjusts the assets based on your age.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top