Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2012 12:26:08 PM EDT

I'm in the process of buying a duplex to live in and rent out and I have no spreadsheet type software on my computer. I've heard quickbooks is good, would OpenOffice suffice? Is there anything else I should get?

I'm looking at SmartMove by Transunion for credit and BG checks and the Landlording Kit from Socrates for boilerplate.

Thanks,

Snow
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Lol! Thanks.

I'm trying to find my way through the Operating Agreement for the llc right now. I feel like I'm back in school.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]

I checked out Bookkeeping for Dummies, LLCs for Dummies and an LLC book from NOLO.

Met with my accountant today. He advised me to modify my LLC. Wish I'd had a chance to meet with him first but I can fix it or start a new one, they're so easy and cheap. He said that Excel would be fine. Bookkeeping for such a small company isn't so scary now that I'm refreshing my memory on the stuff I learned in school.

Looking at these books too, if anyone has any input.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top