Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 12:23:16 PM EDT
Including small domestic drillers?
I have been consdering putting some of my cash assets into oil company stocks. If Kuwait or Saudi Arabia implode like Libya, oil prices will shoot up.

I know domestic drilling has been weak since Obama has been in office due to excessive regulation, etc, but you have to think they would start encouraging it if any more oil producers go tits up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a bunch of Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP) last year and the stock tanked. a few  months back the stock was back up and I sold it. They have oil rights in the eagle ford shale reserve so if they start cracking underground than they will have some huge cash. But I am going back to war stocks for the summer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm into XOM and COP as well as a couple of nuclear plays.
Also look at the equipment end of the biz.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
cvx

had xom but canned it. should have held on to it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Short XOM from 83, and XLE from 77.  Pull back is a comin...

Targets are 75 (XOM) and 67.5 (XLE).
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top