Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 3:54:14 PM EDT
What do you use for accounting software?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
what is the company going to be doing?
simple?
complex?
retail?
restaurant?
volume of customers?
gross sales (for an idea of volume)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
what is the company going to be doing?
simple?
complex?
retail?
restaurant?
volume of customers?
gross sales (for an idea of volume)

Really simple...A couple transations a month, less then 10k a month...Mainly one time payments from customers...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If the business is really small with few transactions and no payroll, you could get by with just keeping an accurate check register showing income and legitimate expenses and give that to your tax guy at the end of the year.

If it's a little more involved, I really like QuickBooks over Peachtree.  I've never really cared for Quicken all that much.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quickbooks.

Why a C-Corp for such a small company?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Ledger

http://www.responsive.co.nz/

You have to understand how to keep books (but just the basics)

but it works, it's easy and it's FREE

I've been using this for 5 years now.

It's got some weaknesses and I'm beginning to outgrow it
but it's FREE!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quickbooks.

Why a C-Corp for such a small company?

I have been reading about all of them and a C-Corp seems to have a great liability from lawsuits and I would be able to write off medical bills. I can pay myself as a employee with a salary and a low tax rate when the business has a low net profit. As well as a lower audit rate.

Now most of this info was told to me by a lawyer, friend of a friend, but I have been reading some of this else where. But finding the ins and outs on the internet is a headache. Im having the most fun reading state RCWs...That's sad.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top