Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2009 1:48:46 PM EDT
Are video cameras allowed while deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
i had mine both tours and no one ever said anything about it
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Your not supposed to, but its not enforced. Depends on how much your unit trusts it Soldiers. I took my camera out all the time. As long as you don't record sensitive items or dead bodies, you should be fine. You also don't want to tape a tour of where you're at, thats something you can get chewed up for. Posting it on YouTube is never a good idea, because some things that may seem to cool to others can tarnish the military's reputation. Things like having Iraqi kids chase a vehicle for water then throw it someone else. Then you have the Marines throwing puppies off of a cliff. Record funny stuff, memorable stuff, I just suggest you don't fiddle around with it during a combat situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top