Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2009 5:52:11 AM EDT
I got my orders to Futenma (2years). I am a single GySgt. I am just trying to figure out how life is on the rock now since everyone must live on base and looks like I will be in the Bks? Any info would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got my orders to Futenma (2years). I am a single GySgt. I am just trying to figure out how life is on the rock now since everyone must live on base and looks like I will be in the Bks? Any info would be awesome.

I am here on the rock brother.  I am at Camp Foster at 1st MAW HQ.  What command are you going down at Futenma?  The mandatory on base living is a bummer for some.  Drop me an e-mail with any specific questions you might have and I would be glad to assist.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 3:29:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be going to the MALS (T-64 Powerplants). I have had contact with my counterpart there but he is now in the PI. I want to know if the Bks are a hole  or good to go and if the chances are good of getting my motorcycle  (KLR650) there.  I am guessing toe OP tempo is high but I still love to party. I will have a Civ. passport and would like to venture beyond the Rock. How is the COLA last Iheard it was on its way down.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
barracks blow, the bike should be good to go, and yes the cola is going down -10 points at $25 per point...they are screwing us over here...im happy to be leaving in about 2 months. im on camp courtney with hqbn 3d mardiv
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
That blows the big one so cola is going to be ZERO WTF. To top it off I HAVE to live in the bks sounds like good times I am going to to try to escape the Rock as much as I can. It seems like the single guy ALWAYS gets the big F U !
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The bike won't be a problem.  American bikes are everywhere here.  I think they have soem modification you have to get done to your turn signals though to make it Japan legal.  I don't know the details but seem to remember one of my friends talking about it.

At Futenma, the barracks situation is decent for SNCOs.  I am pretty sure they live in the Cul de Sac (more hotel like that your standard shitty barracks.  And yep, COLA is dropping every paycheck.  I thin it is scheduled to drop 25 points over the next few months (since our dollar is worth so much )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top