Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2009 1:05:49 AM EDT
As I was leaving today I was juggling a bunch of shit trying to get in my MRAP and I spilled one of the Gatorade chocolate shakes into my helmet. It coagulated really quick, so I poured water on the pads and rinsed my kevlar out. So come on guys, what have you spilled inside your helmet?
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
.....my lunch
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
My TC spilled monster into his ACH once, and one time I was sitting in the VIP seat of an ASV and the gunner had a shock latte up in his turret and it got crushed by the turret while it was traversing and it exploded all over me including my helmet, just not inside it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
While I never spilled something inside of mine, we used to pick up guys helmets that were left unsecured and fill them with all kinds of junk.  Pudding, dirt, potato salad, anything that was readily available.  This wasn't in theater, but at one of those bases where you're always wearing flak jackets and helmets.  Never try to dry Isotoner gloves in a microwave either.

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing but I've seen what happens to kevlars when some dumbass Bradley Commander leaves it on the floor when engaging the turret.  There's a loud boom, a grinding noise and a shitload of particles in teh air.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I tipped a 1 gallon jug of CLP into my ACH while cleaning my M2 in the turret.  My head smelled like CLP for the rest of the deployment.  OIF 1 with no replacement pads to be found anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 3:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I tipped a 1 gallon jug of CLP into my ACH while cleaning my M2 in the turret.  My head smelled like CLP for the rest of the deployment.  OIF 1 with no replacement pads to be found anywhere.

we have a winner boys!

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I new a guy in an S-3B Viking that had to shit in his HGU-56 before he made it back to the carrier! LOL
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I think I would have just shit my pants instead.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I new a guy in an S-3B Viking that had to shit in his HGU-56 before he made it back to the carrier! LOL

My dad's pilot took a shit in a helmet bag over the ocean in their F-4.

EDIT: hopefully this doesn't turn into a "what have you shit in" thread.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Ya I'm pretty sure the deck crew guys were kinda weirded out by a guy catching the 3 wire without his helmet. and then opening the cockpit to smell that aroma.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My TC spilled monster into his ACH once, and one time I was sitting in the VIP seat of an ASV and the gunner had a shock latte up in his turret and it got crushed by the turret while it was traversing and it exploded all over me including my helmet, just not inside it.

War is Hell.

God Bless Green Beans and Cinnabon.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Gatorade makes chocolate shakes?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gatorade makes chocolate shakes?

They are great too, anyone know where to buy them in the states?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
One of the pilots had a Rip it explode in his flight helmet right before we were supposed to take last week.   He washed it out as best he could with bottled water and wore it all night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top