Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:02:31 PM EDT
I got a set of these when I cleared Germany so here I am. I cant see how to install these. I know where the upper velcro part goes but what about the buttons and the 2 straps?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you talking about? These things?

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What are you talking about? These things?

img522.imageshack.us/img522/7122/pa150009cu1.jpg

Yup that is it. I will see if I can figure it from that pic. Thanks!

ETA: Mine have soft armor that goes up to the top of the vest in which you slide your arms thru.

Does that one just have the plate carrier installed?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Right, just the plate carrier. We never wore our DAPS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Right, just the plate carrier. We never wore our DAPS.

Thanks a lot for the info!

I am not going to use them now though. We have an "IBA layout" standard that we are supposed to follow. They want use to have 2 grenade pouches, like a maintenance unit will ever get HGs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't get those since I got the OTV, but from the people who still had their IBA's, it looks like you hook them up to the side of your IBA with the MOLLE straps then put the plates in. I don't think there's any trick to it.

Or you can be like some people here and hook them up so far back they're kidney protectors
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
We have an "IBA layout" standard that we are supposed to follow. They want use to have 2 grenade pouches, like a maintenance unit will ever get HGs.

What in the world.....while there AReE suggested set ups of the IBA/IOTV, they are SUGGESTIONS. One of the lessons learned over the past 7 years is to let individual Soldiers set up their pouches they way THEY are most comfortable to function. Your leadership needs to get its head out of its ass and get away from this standardized "everyone will set up their vest/armor/pouches THIS way" mentality. That is sooo old school: " ya gotta have your LBE set up this way, with these pouches here and your canteen here and your butt pack here..."
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#7]
How mine was set up.

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I used the TT "malice" clips to secure mine which were also intertwined with ammo pouches front and utility pouches rear. Well R front side was with my IFAK.

The straps that come with it are one step less dinky than a wet noodle unless they have improved them since I had mine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top