Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2008 1:14:27 PM EDT
Looking at 5.11's 8'' HRT boot versus Danner's TFX boot.

Of course I am looking for the most comfortable boot, but I'm putting a premium on weight because of how much I have to run in them. The issued Bates cold weather boots (yea, we're issued cold weather boots in SoCal ) feel like bricks...

I have an older pair of 5.11' 6'' side zips that I just wear for casual wear under jeans. I'm really like them, they're comfortable and very light. I just haven't ruck marched in them, so I'm not sure how they'd hold up under those conditions.

Link Posted: 10/5/2008 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know much about the Danner's or the 5.11's. I have been wearing the BATE'S desert boot's and wore them all through Iraq and I am still wearing them. They are nice and warm in the winter time and cool in the summer.

They fit and wear and feel like tennis shoe's are comfortaible for all day wear. I am thinking about trying a pair of the 5.11 tactical desert boot's when these finaly wear out. I checked them out and they seem pretty comfortaible like the BATE;S I wear.
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know much about the Danner's or the 5.11's. I have been wearing the BATE'S desert boot's and wore them all through Iraq and I am still wearing them. They are nice and warm in the winter time and cool in the summer.

They fit and wear and feel like tennis shoe's are comfortaible for all day wear. I am thinking about trying a pair of the 5.11 tactical desert boot's when these finaly wear out. I checked them out and they seem pretty comfortaible like the BATE;S I wear.

The Bates aren't bad comfort wise, but for running, they seem a bit on the heavy side. I've heard great things about the Danner's comfort and they're really light.

I dont' think the 5.11's are approved for wear, they're not made in the USA.
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Danner's are GREAT!!! I running a pair now for a year and there holding up well. Whats better then those are Oakley's. If you are really running in boots then there is nothing better then Oak's. if you go through there Goverment site you can get them for 130 bucks or so.
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a pair of Danner TFX hot boots. Like them a lot. I would say they are more comfortable than my second favorite pair (Belleville 390s), but less cool in hot weather.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
They're selling the Danner TFX's in the PX here, but the only thing that made me balk at buying them is the fact that they be made in China.

I'll pay $20.00 more for the Belleville 390DES's instead. I'm still wearing the pair I got in 2004, and they're the best boots I've ever worn in my life.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
get the danners, they will last alot longer than the 5.11s
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for the  Belleville 390DES mine are on theirt second deployment and I only recently changed the shoe laces.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I were the Belleville 390DES and are THE BEST!

Not to mention, I don't think Cadet Command has authorized the 5.11's. Im pretty sure if they don't have a  distinguishable heel, you can't wear them. Besides, you won't be allowed to wear them at LDAC anyways.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been running the Danners also and love them, I have the Gortex set (mojave color but my command is cool) and the rough  cut.

Now I also have a pair of the Nike boots...I hated Oakleys, because the sole is way to thin and had no shock absorbing capacity...but the Nike.....best boots ever...and running in them is just like being in a pair of running shoes, for cold weather they suck though, they are a warm to hot weather boot... I have to find the website as it is a bit cryptic to find them online, I am on a MWR computer and need to get on my own PC...but great boots
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Testedone... If you get a chance please post up that website for the Nike boots, I've heard some good things and would like to look at them, but I can't seem to find info on them anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Danners all the way. Every grunt I run into comments on my boots. The other soldiers that have Danners ALL swear by them.

From day one they fit like I'd had them for years. No break-in period at all !
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Testedone... If you get a chance please post up that website for the Nike boots, I've heard some good things and would like to look at them, but I can't seem to find info on them anywhere.

Here is the link, just like Oakley you have to register first

Nike Boots

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whats better then those are Oakley's. If you are really running in boots then there is nothing better then Oak's. if you go through there Goverment site you can get them for 130 bucks or so.

+1
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the link, just like Oakley you have to register first

Nike Boots

Thanks!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top