Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 12:50:22 AM EDT
I cant beleive how redicules they are getting with customs when you leave now. I had 2 M16 mags that were not part of my basic load that I had been given by my supply for use.

When I got my stuff inspected yesterday, they told me I couldnt bring any mags mag. I asked them "What if I had bought them for me to use?" and they told me no again, that all magazines belong to the .gov.

Asshole took his dirty ass latex gloves and got dirt all over my brand new "Welcome to America (the one with the bullet holes in a blue helmet)" shirt. The fucker even comtemplated not opening up my sealed shirt but he did it any way and when he was done he just threw on the ground.

I had a NIB VS-17 panel, asshole unsealed it and unrolled it then threw it to the side.

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
He is the master of his universe. He was just pissed that all he ever achieved in life was the head bag checker.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He is the master of his universe. He was just pissed that all he ever achieved in life was the head bag checker.

Square BIZ!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:00:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Were these the customs guys in Iraq, Kuwait, or US?

ETA- I'd imagine he's talking about the personell that search the items of service members leaving theatre. You think American customs or TSA are bad, you've never been shaken down by these guys.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I only remember being check in Kuwait when I was coming home on mid tour leave.  They weren't bad at all then.  We probably were checked coming back, but or some reason I don't remember much at all about that trip.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Its the navy customs at Ali asaliem, in kuwait. They are fucking nazis, I know beaucse i am on my R&R right now. Took dam near 6 hours to go through customs. They check everything and even if they think u cant have it , you cant. Beter luck mailinj shit home.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhhh Customs. i can tell you first hand where most of the customs guys are coming from. I spent 2 years in a Customs unit in Germany back in 1999-2000. They can be nit picky I will say that. We normally ddint do 100% checks mor elike about 50-60%. The reason they go through everything is because there are plenty of morons that bring back anything and everything they can get their hands on. I have recevoered parachute flares, grenades, and tons of live ammo. Also recovered a sizeable stash of heroin when I checked a unit the had just returned from Hungary. I will agree with you guys that there is no reason for them to disrespect you or your gear/belongings.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Do we have to back through customs at Ali Asaliem or kuwait when we come back from 15 day R&R?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
good, i deffinatly dont want to go through that bullshit again, unless I'm coming home for good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Anything I didn't want inspected, I carried on my person.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#12]
When we left from Kuwait we have Navy doing the shakedown.  I probably could have had a mountain of yellow cake lying on my cot and they wouldnt have noticed.  We had 2 customs agents searching 50 Marines.

-BJohnson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top