Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 4:29:49 PM EDT
First Off,

Now,  I was just wondering if any of you enlisted through the Assignment Incentive Pay program?  Just looking for some feedback from you guys.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  
Oh and thank You!

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I had not heard of that specific term, but it is in place here.  

Starting 21June2005, AIP has been added for Detainee OPS DET, Guantanamo Bay Cuba, UIC 40403 for all AIP eligible rates, E3-9 at a maximum rate of $850/month.  

You are asking if has anyone "enlisted through" this program?  I read the below FAQ, and it seems it is for people already in service who happen to be assigned to an area with hard-to-fill jobs or less desireable circumstances.  I do not see this as being an enlistment incentive, unless all of your duty stations would be these type of assignments.

Who is eligible for AIP?
All USN/USNR active duty enlisted personnel, with the following exceptions:
· Reserve SELRES, FTS, IRR and ADSW personnel are not eligible for AIP at this time.
· Sailors in distribution communities designated CONUS/ OCONUS rotation in accordance with the current sea /shore rotation NAVADMIN are not eligible. CONUS/OCONUS communities currently include all CT ratings (less CTT), LNs and AGs. Personnel in CONUS/OCONUS communities are eligible for AIP provided jobs are available in either Type 2 (CONUS Sea Duty) or Type 4 (Overseas Sea Duty) activities.  These personnel will be required to apply for AIP jobs in JASS and be selected prior to AIP entitlement.
· Sailors on initial assignment are not entitled to AIP.  (First permanent assignment after Recruit Training, except for NAVETS and OSVETS).

AIP FAQ

www.npc.navy.mil/CareerInfo/PayAndBenefits/AIP.htm

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank You very much for your help and research.  i think that you are right and that is why i never see it in recruting info i've read.  That was the type of info i was looking for.
kb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top