Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 6:13:10 PM EDT
Okay leaving soon and here is my gear that I was issued; I am working in the CDDOC sustainment cell and was told there is traveling to Iraq and Afganistan
3 sets DCUs
TBH II GENTEX Helmet
4 sets of socks
2 pairs of boots
1 set of Mechanics Gloves
2 sets of Polypros
surefire Z2 light
Gerber
Benchmake knife
Wiley-X's
Camelbak Mule
LBE with 2
BlackHawk Tactical SERPA Holster (but it says its for a glock will have to ask the suppy sargent that one fits my Glock 17 dont have a M-9)
PT Gear and shoes
Taking a M9 will be issued a well they said a A4 when I go out in the field I am thinking that is probally a M4 or get a A2 do not think they would give me a M16A4 since I just read its what the Marines have.

Carry on/personnel stuff
BlackHawk HydraStorm STRIKE Cyclone www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4241&d= with twowww.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1210&d=(603DAP) accessory pouches
Laptop with some 48 movies and 3 games and a stand to keep it cool
Mp3 player
Digital Camera
some books
2 sets of civies (5.11 Tactical pants and a long sleve shirt)  
I am taking my Chest rig SKD Eagle Chest rig
head lamp and Led lights

Do I need anything else?  Or just wait
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
just wanted to say thank you so much for serving us man. means alot. also, i'm glad that you are leaving after Christmas and not right before so you can be here with your family for that special time. take is easy be safe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Taking a M9 will be issued a well they said a A4 when I go out in the field I am thinking that is probally a M4 or get a A2 do not think they would give me a M16A4 since I just read its what the Marines have.

The Army is replacing it's A2's with A4's now too. Mostly support and mech. units. Light, airborne, and air assault are getting all M4's so for IIRC.  Even the Guard is getting A4's these days.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Army is replacing it's A2's with A4's now too. Mostly support and mech. units. Light, airborne, and air assault are getting all M4's so for IIRC.  Even the Guard is getting A4's these days.

Wrong.

Only select infantry units are getting M4's.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I would take a lot more socks than 4prs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I am taking 10 pairs of socks those are the issued.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#6]
if your going to arifjan, then dont worry about any bling bling tactical shit. Its basicaly a shitty garriosn here. There is no need to buy tactical gear unless you will be going north regualy. Save your money for taco bell and pizza hut. You can get basicaly anything here. I assume you are navy/Air force so you will have it alot beter then most. When you get here IM me and il give u a tour/rundown of the base ALA Humvee. Arifjan is like being in a garrison envioremtn without the comfort of home. Im me for any questions

P.S. I think the air foce cant wear civies here, Only Army,Marines, and some navy
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Arifjan is a shithole, that's a fact.  It's nothing like getting deployed North.  YOu can get anything you want in Kuwait........so no need to take a lot of gear.

I remember going thru Arifjan on my way home from Iraq 2 years ago this very day............it was like fucking Disneyland after 6 months in Fallujah.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I was told to bring 2 sets of civies pants and collared shirts and the like.  I was told first I would be running convoys but that is not to be.  Had a short fall from another unit so I get the staff job.  I will be going up north and out east to the "stans" for my job at least a few times out of a month.  Wife is glad that I will not be doing convoy ops.  Right now I am just trying to figure out what I will be doing exactly they like all my prior intel stuff and what I still have access to but right now I am trying to load up on creature conforts like what dvds i need to copy (i own them so they are not pirated) and what kind of music I need.  I have 100 gigs of music I need to get down to 5 gigs for the trip.  

I know bad for the army folks but I have the tactical stuff stashed so I can see what the convoys are doing when I am over there.  I will be working sustainment ops for CENTCOM so that will be important but I know the army mentallity get eyes on the ground and see for yourself email is not an option.

wily-x sunglasses seem to be a POS but I will make do let the convoy troops get the good stuff like okleys.  I can take not so good stuff.  Just need to get the supply guys to get me some of those off brand overarmor summer stuff trying to make uncle sam pay for as much as they are willing.  

All take care and see ya soon.

Scott Takacs
USAF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top