Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2005 2:10:58 PM EDT
I'm almost outta here.  

Thus far, we've encountered 131 IEDs.  More than doubled the amount by the company we replaced.  A number of our soldiers have been injured -- of those, 7 were medevac'd.  Kudos to our patrol leaders, medics and CLS's.  I can't count how many times our M1114s, Buffalos, RG-31s, and Huskys were deadlined due to IED damage.   Our mechanics and recovery team did an outstanding job fixing and evacuating vehicles for repair.

As for construction, we've emplaced well over a 1,000 concrete barriers completing around twenty Iraqi Army checkpoints, filled-in a number of IED craters, and cleared vegetation, palm groves, bombed-out buildings, and debris along 6 major military routes.  Doing so sometimes under IED and direct-fire attack.  We've completed well over 80 construction projects at four camps and one civil military compound, which involved interior road repair, clearing vegetation, moving T-barriers, fixing a canal, improving our firing range, moving mounds of gravel, debris removal, and filling a long wall of HESCOs.

Me.

Bad guys we captured and their weapons.

Me at the range shooting captured weapons

Video of me shooting a Russian PKM:        
www.supportourwarriors.com/gallery/albums/ARMY-PHOTOS/range_PKM.wmv

Video of me at the range shooting the M60:
www.supportourwarriors.com/gallery/albums/ARMY-PHOTOS/range_M60.wmv

It's been a crazy year.

Happy Holidays.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy Holidays. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, you rock!
I appreciate your service and sacrifice keeping my fat ass safe here in the world.

God Bless and come home safe!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm home now.... it's both weird and great to be back!  Thanks for everyone's support.
"Shukran"

For the troops still in Iraq and Afghanistan such as Garand_Shooter and N8loi, stay safe out there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

- GulDuCal

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm home now.... it's both weird and great to be back!  Thanks for everyone's support.
"Shukran"

For the troops still in Iraq and Afghanistan such as Garand_Shooter and N8loi, stay safe out there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

- GulDuCal

Thank you for doing what you did while over here.  Helping build projects and whatnot like that is very brave and noble.

Only 10.5more months to go.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for keeping us safe!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That is pretty damn cool that you can shoot the weapons you capture. Stay safe!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I made a video.   I hope it works...

media.putfile.com/OIF-III-Trailblazer-467th-Engineers

GulDuCal

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#10]
That was really cool. Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#11]
GulDuCal..
Don't know where you live but if your in the NYC or Long Island area would like to take you out to dinner and shake your hand...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top