Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 4:13:51 AM EDT
Been running the streets of B-dad and the issue knee pads (regular straps behind the knee) are cutting off circulation and limit mobility getting in and out of the suburban.  I was at the PX and saw the Brigade Quartermaster clip on knee pads.  Anyone use these?  Do they actually stay clipped onto the pant?  Any other good knee pad suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the Alta pads, with the buckles.

That is if you can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the clip on knee pads.  They certainly stay in place, but the sharp teeth on the clips put holes into the pants and tear them a little.  After a week wering these pads, your pants will be trashed.  Going for the Tactical Flex IIs.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been wearing Hatch Centurians for over a year now on a daily basis, part of the brigade standard for uniform outside the wire. . They have the velcro attachments. I only loop the lower fastener around my leg and they stay in place. They have held up pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have been wearing Hatch Centurians for over a year now on a daily basis, part of the brigade standard for uniform outside the wire. . They have the velcro attachments. I only loop the lower fastener around my leg and they stay in place. They have held up pretty well.

Anything that isn't tightly secured to my body or gear gets torn off as I scramble in and out of the vehicles.  Especially during evac drills when we pack ourselves on top of each other in the evac vehicle along with weapons, snot & ass, elbows & assholes.  HEE-HEE!  I bought a set of KP tactical flex II pads off ebay for field testing.  Hopefully they will work out, but it will be a while waiting on the APO.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#6]
We roll in M1114s, pretty tight but managable, havent had any problems getting them caught on anything. Let us know how the new ones work out for you. The biggest pain in the ass I found with wearing knee/elbow pads is when it's hot, you are even hotter. But hey, it's ok to go down from a heat injury, but not a banged knee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top