Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:27:25 AM EDT
Going with a Guard unit from another state.  Mob for training in early October.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck.  Over here right now.  Been deployed since Aug. 2004.  Most of what you'll learn in your MOB is worthless, so be prepared for that.  Iraq is a very unique place.  Depending on your MOS and where you are will determine your tactics and procedures.  (11 Bravo here in Southern Baghdad.)  IEDs kill, death is random, but you'll mostly likely come home alive.  We've got 5 more months til we are done.  18 months suck.  Hope your "stint" is shorter.

Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I get 1 year boots on the ground subject of course to change.  Good luck getting out too!  I will update while there as I should have a fair ammount of computer access in my job.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
good luck. been over here since jan. 05 and with my Mos (25c) and unit (Support) it is that bad for me

Keep your head down
Cody
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
good luck. been over here since jan. 05 and with my Mos (25c) and unit (Support) it is that bad for me

Keep your head down
Cody

Will do!  Good luck for you and yours too!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
going wheels up in 2 weeks, don't know where I'll end up. But will spend a week at victory. Have a cousin with 101 div. Might actually get to see him. Keep your faith up, your head down and your six covered.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck.

MOB training is worthless. Talk to guys that are here for what works and what doesnt. Seems to me every AO is slightly different in it's experience.

If you have questions, email me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 as a contact person...use my IM

I am National Guard too.  FA originally but am an MP over here in Iraq.  We work in Sadr City with the Iraqi Police.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.

If you are in a support position and will be working on the FOB, don't worry, you've got it made.  If you are going outside the wire start preparing your mind now.  Nothing you will learn at the MOB site will really help you.  When you get in country and are ripped by the guys you are replacing pay very close attention, what they have to tell you will save your life.

The political climate over here is going to make for a rough year for you.  I wish you well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]
IM sent CitizenSoldier
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top