Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:20:15 AM EDT
Last time I was NTC was 1992; that was when they were still doing the force-on-force; go to the Dust Bowl and then perfrom serveal Movements to Contact as if it were the Fulda Gap.

Does anyone know what rotations are like now preparing for deployment?  What are the living conditions like?  Is it more like JRTC?

Any info will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
NTC is now geared towards units deploying to Iraq or Afganhistan. You live in FOBs and operate in mock villages, they also have IEDs, snipers and that kind of stuff but it's really pussified. They have unrealistic rules of engagement and preach a really politically correct doctrine. I was not impressed with the training we received. Our Mech Infantry Battalion had OCs that were tankers and had very little knowledge in Infantry tactics, field craft or doctrine.

Your living conditions will depend on your unit. we had decent chow and lived in circus tents in the dust bowl and in the field. That really pissed off the OCs not to mention the keg and other beer we brought in after our rotation was finished
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
NTC is now geared towards units deploying to Iraq or Afganhistan. You live in FOBs and operate in mock villages, they also have IEDs, snipers and that kind of stuff but it's really pussified. They have unrealistic rules of engagement and preach a really politically correct doctrine. I was not impressed with the training we received. Our Mech Infantry Battalion had OCs that were tankers and had very little knowledge in Infantry tactics, field craft or doctrine.

Your living conditions will depend on your unit. we had decent chow and lived in circus tents in the dust bowl and in the field. That really pissed off the OCs not to mention the keg and other beer we brought in after our rotation was finished

+10000, ect. I was there for the same rotation, and hold the same opinion. ASt least it's not fighting the Red Commie horde tactics, but it's still not appropriately geard towards the LIC we're fighting in IRQ.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks - I will take at least one rotation early next year and I want to be able to prep my soldiers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top