Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2005 9:42:33 PM EDT
I am finally out of court and my recruiter said in the next few days I will be able to enlist.  My recruiter assured the DA that he could get me outa here from 1 to 3 months.  So that means I went from dead stop to shits moving fast.

I wear contact lenses and I am dreading the 'birth control' goggle style glasses.  I have seen guys talking about different glasses while deployed in the box but what I need to know is when are these 'aftermarket' glasses allowed.  Will it be allowed instantly in basic or ait or when is it allowed.  

Any info on what glasses systems you are all using what works what doesn't.  Any comments on this issue at all would be very helpfull.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks on the link those puppies are cheap.  any info on the questions too?  Id really like to know when I can implement them and other sport goggle types.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
BCG's

Birth Control Glasses
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks on the link those puppies are cheap.  any info on the questions too?  Id really like to know when I can implement them and other sport goggle types.

Once you're out of Basic / AIT / OSUT, you can wear mil spec glasses.

What MOS are you hoping for?
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I am goin through the X18 program which is 'fast track spec forces'  I would like to be 18B one day.  Im sure that won't be soon seeing the problems going on overseas.  I will try to get overseas and do my part in the box asap.  

thanks for the info I asked my uncle who was a delta op medic but it had been so long from basic for him that he didn't know.  I will ask my recruiter tomorrow and see what story he gives me.  

thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Once you are out of Basic/AIT and other training wear what you wish in most cases...... but during traing looks matter 0%, wear whats issued and what works best.

My guys wear whatever they want when in a garrison enviornment, but almost all wear thier issued stuff in the field..... why risk destroying your private stuff when you can tear up Uncle Sams.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
sure do appreciate it.  Recruiter says its cleared.  So hopefully I will be off to basic shortly I will drop word on when and where as it comes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#8]
You will go to normal 11x basic OSUT, then on to Airborne school, then to Ft. Bragg, if you dont make it though the whole program you will end up in a conventinal Infantry Unit, some guys go to Korea,  some end up in the 82nd, alot end up in the 82nd, some go to Alaska, and maybe some go to Italy, or other places I think most of the new guys we get were baby SF drop outs or washouts.  Once your in Group, or say you go to the 82nd ABN, get the eye surgery its free, and all you have is make the appointments and keep em, plus have 18months left in the army once you get the eye surgery.  
Ive had one guy in my team do it, plus a couple others in the PLT as well.  In basic your pretty much stuck with the BCG"s till graduation.  .
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Im pretty well aware on the line up for the 18X but I apprecaite the inside look at it.  Ive been told by different people when you can apply for the surgery.  I plan on spending a long life in the army and 18 months left is pretty general.  What is the procedure as far as getting the surgery done?  I know there must be some down time.  So if you are in a training course you wait untill you are done or do they hold you back or how does that work exactly.  I know its free and I know alot of security detail types had been getting it done.

thanks again on imput.
nick
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I had my eyes done 3 weeks before I left for Iraq.  No down time, but they say to "take it easy" for a few months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top