Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 6:19:12 PM EDT
He right on the line for weight, he's not worked real hard, just complacent I guess.  Is there a regimen that he can use to drop about 10lbs and gain a minute on his run time?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The weight is easy, 1,000 calories a day of mainly protein, zero carbs.

The run is easy...get out and run and do HIIT.

Like my drill sergeant used to say, "If you want to do more push-ups...do more push-ups!"
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By paulthepreacherman:
He right on the line for weight, he's not worked real hard, just complacent I guess.  Is there a regimen that he can use to drop about 10lbs and gain a minute on his run time?
View Quote

Intermittent fasting or give an ECA stack a whirl ... or magnesium citrate the night before the weigh in

swingswiftdurable.com offers an APFT plan

But if he's as you described, might as well let him get booted. It's the military, not the babysitters club. We have enough of that with the lax standards and transgender policy
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as he passes the tape, he's fine. Losing the weight would benefit him more in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Its too late to do anything intense and risk injury.  Do a full body cleanse and maintain a healthy diet before the test.  Do some daily cardio and then hope for the best.  He shouldnt have waited so long.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
My brother was borderline when he joined.  He kept running and doing his PT every day until he tested in.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The Keto diet will let him drop 10lbs of mostly water weight the first 2 weeks then a steady 1-3 a week. Try to keep under 20g of net cabs daily (total carbs -fiber) to stay in ketosis. Look up on Reddit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top