Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/12/2007 8:25:29 AM EDT
Getting itchy guys. I took a beating last year and now I feel the need to dish out some pain this year

My prediction this year...Wobblin and Big Bear keeping each other warm in last place
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah Big Bear said we're doing a money league this year. So, yeah hopefully we just start the league soon so we have enough time to send the money and stuff...
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 3:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
$$ or mags

something to keep the rifraf out
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Getting itchy guys. I took a beating last year and now I feel the need to dish out some pain this year

My prediction this year...Wobblin and Big Bear keeping each other warm in last place

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Link Posted: 7/28/2007 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
$$ or mags

something to keep the rifraf out

Either is fine with me. I actually like the mags idea. Keeps it kinda AR related  but cash is fine too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah blah blah blah blah.

You're top on my hit list buddy
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Lotta movement this year as far as fantasy drafts are concerned. Last year was easy compared to grading out players this year.

Oh, and bring it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2007 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Is there a league that some ARFCOM guys compete in??  Are you guys looking for any new guys???  I'm big time into FF and would love to compete against you guys....and trash talk here of course.......cash? mags?  ammo?  whatever....

Let me know......... IM me info if you don't wanna post here.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2007 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Lotta movement this year as far as fantasy drafts are concerned. Last year was easy compared to grading out players this year.

Oh, and bring it.

Don't worry, I have our first trade all worked out....

Mike Vick for......

Link Posted: 7/30/2007 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Mike Vick for......

Ammani Toomer?

Link Posted: 7/30/2007 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I did so craptacularly bad in both my leagues, I was pretty sure I was going to take a year off.

BUT I GOTZ THE ITCH AGAIN!

Anyone contacted Bear yet?
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I emailed him a few weeks ago and so did Maverick. I'm thinking anyday now we should start it up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is there a league that some ARFCOM guys compete in??  Are you guys looking for any new guys???  I'm big time into FF and would love to compete against you guys....and trash talk here of course.......cash? mags?  ammo?  whatever....

Let me know......... IM me info if you don't wanna post here.

Thanks.

+1, if there is room for another player, I would like to participate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Based on our discussions last year, I believe this season will be a "pay" league. FWIW, these are my recommendations:

1. Pay league

2. $25 buy-in (economical but still offers some protection from dud owners

3. I am in favor of returning owners (who have completed the entire previous season) having a buy-in of $15 (this goes for every year in the future, too)

4. First three picks are by auction. Every owner gets 50 draft points and can spend them any way they see fit for their first three picks. For instance, an owner could spend 40 draft points on Ladainian Tomlinson (and probably get him at that price), but that owner would only have 10 points left to draft the next two players. We could do this preliminary three-round draft on ARFCOM a day or two before the online draft. All bids submitted would be final and would have to be by IM to the commissioner. The commish would have to IM his bid to someone else.

5. When the online draft is done, everyone must abide by the results of the three-round auction but starting with round four it's business as usual.

6. We could discuss what to do with the buy-in fees.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Based on our discussions last year, I believe this season will be a "pay" league. FWIW, these are my recommendations:

1. Pay league

3. I am in favor of returning owners (who have completed the entire previous season) having a buy-in of $15 (this goes for every year in the future, too)

4. First three picks are by auction. Every owner gets 50 draft points and can spend them any way they see fit for their first three picks. For instance, an owner could spend 40 draft points on Ladainian Tomlinson (and probably get him at that price), but that owner would only have 10 points left to draft the next two players. We could do this preliminary three-round draft on ARFCOM a day or two before the online draft. All bids submitted would be final and would have to be by IM to the commissioner. The commish would have to IM his bid to someone else.

5. When the online draft is done, everyone must abide by the results of the three-round auction but starting with round four it's business as usual.

Regarding #3: I agree, but maybe we should make it $20. I am a returning owner, but I still think we should still have to pay only $5 less compared to $10 less.

So what your saying is do the first three rounds in an auction type of way, on ARFCOM? If so, then how would we transfer all of those picks to the Yahoo Online Draft? Just have Big Bear (if he ever shows up) or someone set all the picks/players manually?
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Regarding #3: I agree, but maybe we should make it $20. I am a returning owner, but I still think we should still have to pay only $5 less compared to $10 less.

So what your saying is do the first three rounds in an auction type of way, on ARFCOM? If so, then how would we transfer all of those picks to the Yahoo Online Draft? Just have Big Bear (if he ever shows up) or someone set all the picks/players manually?

Yes, just IM the commish your bids by, say, 2100 EST two days before the online draft. The commish will then post the results that night or the next day and everyone will be required to draft accordingly until round four.

BTW, I still think $15 is appropriate for returning owners in good standing. This is both a reward for being a competent, reliable owner and motivation for joining back up again. Turnover amongst owners stinks and this is a carrot to help convince previous owners to come back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, just IM the commish your bids by, say, 2100 EST two days before the online draft. The commish will then post the results that night or the next day and everyone will be required to draft accordingly until round four.

BTW, I still think $15 is appropriate for returning owners in good standing. This is both a reward for being a competent, reliable owner and motivation for joining back up again. Turnover amongst owners stinks and this is a carrot to help convince previous owners to come back.

Okay. Yeah, whatever the number is for the cost is fine, I just hope that this thing can start soon...considering getting the money out with shipping and what not.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

1. Pay league

I love every one of these ideas, especially the auction.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#18]
OK, I'll bite.

What advantage does the auction have over a standard draft?

Seems to add a bit of complexity, and being quite the simpleton, that scares me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
OK, I'll bite.

What advantage does the auction have over a standard draft?

Seems to add a bit of complexity, and being quite the simpleton, that scares me.

It gives every owner the chance at "signing" the top tier players he truly wants. In a traditional draft with 12 owners, the guys drafting at the bottom typically have no shot at obtaining the six or eight elite fantasy players the NFL usually has in a given year.

Yes, it adds a slight amount of complexity to the draft process, but no more than the difference in buttering your toast instead of eating it dry.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#20]
are any newcomers invited in this??   two of us have asked and nobody has answered.

just wonderin'.........

Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
are any newcomers invited in this??   two of us have asked and nobody has answered.

just wonderin'.........

So far the only returning owners I see are myself, Wobblin and Maverick. I am asuming Big Bear will return as the commish. I think we should have plenty of spots open for new guys. We do have some requirements though. No deadbeat owners will be tolerated. Wobblin is better at explaining this than I am  
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

just wonderin'.........

So far the only returning owners I see are myself, Wobblin and Maverick. I am asuming Big Bear will return as the commish. I think we should have plenty of spots open for new guys. We do have some requirements though. No deadbeat owners will be tolerated. Wobblin is better at explaining this than I am  

I've been playing FF for 15 years.  I average 3 leagues each year but have had as many as 7.  I've paid 10 bucks to be in a league and I've paid 1500 to be in a league.  I take it serious, know all the in's and out's of all the types of leagues......... and will probably kick everyone's sorry ass once the season starts.  So tell me where to sign up and I'll tell you where to send MY money at year's end.

Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just wonderin'.........

I've been playing FF for 15 years.  I average 3 leagues each year but have had as many as 7.  I've paid 10 bucks to be in a league and I've paid 1500 to be in a league.  I take it serious, know all the in's and out's of all the types of leagues......... and will probably kick everyone's sorry ass once the season starts.  So tell me where to sign up and I'll tell you where to send MY money at year's end.

I like you

We're just looking to avoid deadbeats that start the year gung ho and then stop managing their teams after a few loses -things like leaving by-week players in starting positions..that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just wonderin'.........

I like you

We're just looking to avoid deadbeats that start the year gung ho and then stop managing their teams after a few loses -things like leaving by-week players in starting positions..that sort of thing.

You won't have to worry about that happening......... I usually start slow and hit the waiver wire and come on strong....

anyone got a link to the site/service you'll use???   so i can check out the rules....

I assume an auction is a go???  not my favorite but...... it'll work.......

IM me if you don't wanna post all of it here........

Hurry up cuz I'm geting bored......... tired of buying ammo online all day......  
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just wonderin'.........

I like you

You won't have to worry about that happening......... I usually start slow and hit the waiver wire and come on strong....

anyone got a link to the site/service you'll use???   so i can check out the rules....

IM me if you don't wanna post all of it here........

Hurry up cuz I'm geting bored......... tired of buying ammo online all day......  

Last year we used Yahoo's Fantasy Football. I'm sure we'll be doing the same thing this year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Heheheh. You'll fit right in here.

Good to have you aboard.

Waiting on Big_Bear to show up....
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I believe we used Yahoo last year. It was OK. Since we are paying now, perhaps we should use their premium service.

IM me if you don't wanna post all of it here....

Not sure about the auction. I mentioned it last year and brought it up again here. Seems as though most people are good with it, but no vote was taken on the matter.

I know how you feel. I do two leagues every year and start my countdown every January.

Link Posted: 8/2/2007 2:55:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

We stuck with standard scoring with the exeption of dropping the yardage from 20 to 10, IIRC.

So what are the details of this auction?

How does it work exactly?

And what if I like jelly, rather than butter?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 1:29:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 2:27:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Let's try to keep the buy-in at $25 please.

I'm a po boy.

Link Posted: 8/3/2007 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#31]

What about team owner fines? I think we talked about that last year. Besides the initial buy-in, that would be another way to keep owners active every week. Fines would go into the pot. I have no use for deadbeats.

I don't have a problem with fines, but if the owner turns into a deadbeat how do you propose to get him to pay a fine?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#33]
how about we all send in a mag...I'm serious....then there's no money tied up and you get the mag back as long as you participate all year...screw up and the mag goes into a raffle at the end of the season for one of us owners to win.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
how about we all send in a mag...I'm serious....then there's no money tied up and you get the mag back as long as you participate all year...screw up and the mag goes into a raffle at the end of the season for one of us owners to win.

Hmmm. I don't like parting with my mags, boy.

OK, how about this: Everybody (both old and new owners) pays a $25 buy-in. After a successful completion of your season, you get $10 back, plus whatever prizes for being in or winning the championship (we can sort out the particular prizes later). If you turn out to be a deadbeat, you don't get the $10 back at season's end.

Does this sound equitable?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Gentlemen, I have a schedule conflict. I'll be in KY Aug 18-28 so I won't be available online to resolve any league issues. Maybe it would be better if someone else steps up and takes the job of commishioner.

Sorry I forgot to mention this before but I've got a lot on my plate lately.

Anybody taking this yet??  I could prolly know it, but you guys don't know me from a bad of donuts.

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Gentlemen, I have a schedule conflict. I'll be in KY Aug 18-28 so I won't be available online to resolve any league issues. Maybe it would be better if someone else steps up and takes the job of commishioner.

My preferences on resolving this situation are as follows:

1. Have the owners cast votes on who the next commish should be.

2. That the next commish is a returning owner from previous seasons.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My preferences on resolving this situation are as follows:

1. Have the owners cast votes on who the next commish should be.

2. That the next commish is a returning owner from previous seasons.

Agreed. My vote is for Wobblin, if you're game. I can't think of a better replacement.

Also, Big Bear -will you still be an owner, or are you out of the league completely this year?

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I think Wobblin should be the new commisioner.

He was here last season, and faired well. He came up with most of the ideas for this upcoming season. And he seems to know what he is talking about.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd just as soon see Big_Bear return as commissioner, but if that isn't going to happen I will assume those duties if you guys as owners choose me to run the league.

There are a few thing we need to iron out, obviously, but suffice to say there won't be much difference between Big-Bear's philosophy and mine, ie, dealing with deadbeats. He did a really good job last year with the bad apple we had and should be commended for the success our league had overall.

Now, a few points/observations on this year's league (don't have much time right now, so there will be more to come). Please comment on them as you see fit.

1. 12 members max (like last year)
2. Auction for first three rounds (see previous posts and we can pin the details down even further yet)
3. $25 buy-in for everybody, $10 refund upon successful completion of season, plus prizes if you qualify (we all need to talk about the prizes)
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Let me know when you guys wanna finalize this...... I'm in so just tell me where to sign up and gimme a link to signup for the website.......

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
12 members x $25 = $300

Yahoo free league or plus league? The plus league is $125. You get stat-tracker, draft kit, preferred draft times, a trophy or t-shirt for 1st place, among other things.

Yes, Big_Bear, we could go with a plus league now that we are a paid league.

If everyone finishes the season, then after the refund of $10 per owner that leaves us $180, enough to pay for the plus league and have some left over for the champ and the guy who he beats in the final game.

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#46]
$125 is a big chunk.

Does anyone have recent experience with other sites with free live scoring? That is about all I care about in the plus package, anyway.

And we're doing a yardage league again, right?

+1 on Goblin as commish

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If everyone finishes the season, then after the refund of $10 per owner that leaves us $180, enough to pay for the plus league and have some left over for the champ and the guy who he beats in the final game.

That would leave $55 for the winner(s). I think I like the free league idea better for a bigger chunk o' prize money.

The ESPN league sounds good, it's premium and it's free. Cool.

However, we need to make sure what we do is legal as it pertains to cash prizes. We don't want to get ourselves or AR15.com in trouble.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#50]

The ESPN league sounds good, it's premium and it's free. Cool.

However, we need to make sure what we do is legal as it pertains to cash prizes. We don't want to get ourselves or AR15.com in trouble.

Suggestions?

From what I'm hearing I like ESPN too. Leaves more of a prize for us.

As for cash prizes....I think we can get around that by getting something for example, like a Circuit City or Walmart gift card. I am not 100% positve but I thought if the prize is something like a gift card instead of cash then we are ok. We could also do mags or ammo instead and the person could always sell them for cash in the E.E.  

Something like the winner gets a 500rd case of Wolf from Cabelas, which costs around 115 shipped. The 2nd place guy gets a gift cardfor the remaining amount.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top