Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 12:48:03 PM EDT
Yankees are coming to town this weekend...

For a SoCal slapdown.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
This will be a walk in the park.

You want a shot at the title?

ETA - Word up 4XDawn! I like the old name better.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]

I forget...

What happened last time the teams met?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
In 268 career at-bats at the Big A, A-Rod has a .347 average, 25 home runs and 59 RBIs. Not including the ballparks he has called home, that's the most homers for him in any park other than Toronto's Rogers Centre, where he has gone deep 26 times.

Your pitchers had better start shaking.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Pitching match ups

Friday:

Shawn Chacon vs. Kelvim Escobar

Saturday:

Randy Johnson vs. Ervin Santana

Sunday:

Mike Mussina vs. Bartolo "The Wet Noodle" Colon

2 nasty pitchers on both sides. Mussina doesn't fair well in Anaheim though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Angels over Yankees 2 games to 1.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In 268 career at-bats at the Big A, A-Rod has a .347 average, 25 home runs and 59 RBIs. Not including the ballparks he has called home, that's the most homers for him in any park other than Toronto's Rogers Centre, where he has gone deep 26 times.

hmm ok
last year we took 4 out of 6
with 3 of those at HOME

and that was with Salmon on the DL...so far he has played 2 games (one as a PH) and hit....hmm ah yes 2 homers....1 per game.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmm ok
with 3 of those at HOME

and that was with Salmon on the DL...so far he has played 2 games (one as a PH) and hit....hmm ah yes 2 homers....1 per game.

Salmon can sit down and watch A-Rod smack another GRAND SLAM in this series (hit a g.s. against Oakland on Monday)

Game on ladies. The fun starts tonight 10:05 est.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yanks sweep the Angles and flex their muscle as they peel out of So Cal.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yanks sweep the Angles and flex their muscle as they peel out of So Cal.

Want to back that up with a wager?

Bring it ON!  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
<crickets>

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmm ok
with 3 of those at HOME

Salmon can sit down and watch A-Rod smack another GRAND SLAM in this series (hit a g.s. against Oakland on Monday)

Game on ladies. The fun starts tonight 10:05 est.

Salmon sat on the pine and waited...
hope hes not still there waiting........
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow, pretty good game. The heart of the Yankees lineup, A-Rod, Sheffield, and Giambi, just went 0 for 12 facing Angels pitching.

Final score: Angels 4 -- "the hated" Yankees 1

and that was WITH an error
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
<crickets>

Yup

Best two out of three?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<crickets>

Yup

Best two out of three?

Sure...

Want to make it interesting?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]

The Angels handed the Yankees their fourth consecutive loss on Saturday, taking a 3-2 victory in front of a sellout crowd at Angel Stadium, where the Yankees have now dropped seven of their last nine, including last October's Division Series.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<crickets>

Yup

Best two out of three?

Sure...

<crickets>
What are you going to make me dance naked holding a sign this time?

All bets are off. The Bronx bombers look to be bombing.........
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<crickets>

Yup

Best two out of three?

Sure...

<crickets>

Well...

I hadn't thought of that.

Hmmm....I was more going for spelling out "Angels," with scooby doo band-aids, across your chest.

You are a good sport ZW.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<crickets>

Yup

Best two out of three?

Sure...

<crickets>

Well...

I hadn't thought of that.

Hmmm....I was more going for spelling out "Angels," with scooby doo band-aids, across your chest.

You are a good sport ZW.

The band aid idea had me laughing, I need to try that on someone sometime.

As long as I am a ARFCOM member I will harass you about your Angels, it will become a classic series between us every year like the Subway series, Freeway series, and the Thruway series.
We will call it the YanksPissOnSoCal series because that is the way it should be.

Now that being said..... Let's bet this last game. How about a 12 pack (or the $$$ for one)??

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Mussina has only pitched once in Angels stadium and it was a pretty good game.  and the Yanks are prob pretty pissed off about now.
I would not be surprised if they win todays game.  

Although it is Bart who is pitching for the Angels today.

Hey whats the story with Randy and Posada?

less then 4hr til game time.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Mussina has only pitched once in Angels stadium and it was a pretty good game.  and the Yanks are prob pretty pissed off about now.

www.thiefsden.net/archives/iChoke.gif

That is a great picture.

Stinnett is going to be Randy's full time catcher from what I understand. Posada is out while the Unit is pitching..... I guess when you are that good you deserve your own catcher.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a great picture.

Stinnett is going to be Randy's full time catcher from what I understand. Posada is out while the Unit is pitching..... I guess when you are that good you deserve your own catcher.

I hear he had his "own" last year too...forgot the guys name but he is with another club this year so they went out and got Stinnett...who caught Randy with the diamondbacks...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a great picture.

I hear he had his "own" last year too...forgot the guys name but he is with another club this year so they went out and got Stinnett...who caught Randy with the diamondbacks...

Flaherty caught for Randy a few times last year - Johnson/Posada went 5-6 last year together while Johnson/Flarherty went 12-2. Stinnett needs to work on his throws to second a bit more, last nights toss almost got into the outfield.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know how much you girls are into baseball but keep an eye on the Giants/Braves game today. The pitching match up is two power houses.

John Smoltz vs. Jason Schmidt
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a great picture.

Flaherty caught for Randy a few times last year - Johnson/Posada went 5-6 last year together while Johnson/Flarherty went 12-2. Stinnett needs to work on his throws to second a bit more, last nights toss almost got into the outfield.

Flaherty thats it!  I couldnt remember his name.  Not an Angels I dont usually remember.  On that question, I see Nieves got designated for assignment the other day.

Stinnett got lucky on that toss.   I hope he thanked Cano for that one
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a great picture.

Flaherty thats it!  I couldnt remember his name.  Not an Angels I dont usually remember.  On that question, I see Nieves got designated for assignment the other day.

Yeah Cano had a heads up play there and yes, Nieves is now the 3rd catcher but you will never see him play. he is just excited to be in the big leagues.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a great picture.

Yeah Cano had a heads up play there and yes, Nieves is now the 3rd catcher but you will never see him play. he is just excited to be in the big leagues.

ok I am a total baseball geek....much to DFD dismay
Yanks picked up Hill the other day and designated Nieves
story

I check the players transaction almost every day....I like to follow old angels

I hope Nieves gets picked up.  He is pretty good.  Was platooned in the Angels organization at AAA because of the Molina brothers.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a great picture.

ok I am a total baseball geek....much to DFD dismay
Yanks picked up Hill the other day and designated Nieves
story

I check the players transaction almost every day....I like to follow old angels

I hope Nieves gets picked up.  He is pretty good.  Was platooned in the Angels organization at AAA because of the Molina brothers.  

No kidding! I didn't know this all took place. So Hill is the new third stringer. The Yanks website still shows Nieves as active but I guess it will until his options run out. I hope he doesn't get picked up, I am going to the Columbus game this Wed. Maybe I'll get to see him play. That would be fun.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Heee he heee he heee he!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Heee he heee he heee he!

um....

Quoted:

eta: now about those scooby doo band-aids...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Heee he heee he heee he!

um....

Quoted:

eta: now about those scooby doo band-aids...

Come on Dawn let me get one lick in for them stomping on your team.

Now if they could just learn to spread out the 10 runs over three games....... Bums!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Come on Dawn let me get one lick in for them stomping on your team.

Now if they could just learn to spread out the 10 runs over three games....... Bums!

The Yanks will be here again in August.

I'm predicting an Angels sweep for that series.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#33]
lol .. Some things never change
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top