[#1]
Rather watch my own hair grow.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You the man, Phil!!

well actually... I couldn't care less
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish John Daly had the mental game........
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad Phil won it!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Tiger's falling apart, too much mattress time after getting married to that blonde.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tiger's falling apart, too much mattress time after getting married to that blonde.

I never liked Tiger's attitude anyway.....Phil used to be an ass but he's come around....maybe time will do the same thing for Tiger.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah winning two majors in one season in really falling apart.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Does anyone else think Tiger looks like a black Jerry Sienfeld???
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Good for Lefty...I was watching 'til they quit due to lightning.  IIRC, he had just carded 2 straight bogies with average par putt misses...it looked like the wheels were falling off.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Is golf even a sport????
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/jmoffatt/icon_jackoff.gif

Is golf even a sport????

I'd rather platt my own arse hair
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of those by the largest margin of victory ever IIRC?

He finished tied for 4th in this one after posting a 5 over in the first round.

Hank Aaron didn't hit a HR every time he batted.
Nolan Ryan didn't throw a No Hitter every time he pitched heck he didn't even strike out every batter he faced!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is golf even a sport????

I'd rather platt my own arse hair

You should just wax them!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is golf even a sport????

It's not as easy as it looks on the tube.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is golf even a sport????

It's not as easy as it looks on the tube.....

Especially how friggin' hot it was yesterday.  I went outside to move some crap in the yard...I lasted about 5 minutes before I decided to put that job off til..november.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm glad Phil won it!

+1  

My favorite golfer by a wide margin. Seems
like one of the genuine "nice guys" on tour.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is golf even a sport????

So, what is your index?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Uh-Oh, it looks like we've got some Golf apologists here.

Golf: A past-time that posesses none of the attributes of a satisfactory sport, i.e. Loud Noise, Supersonic Projectiles and Recoil

Mark
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Tiger Woods is a true sports hero, on the same level as Michael Jordon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#20]
To all those that say golf isn't a sport:

Go play 72 holes in 4 days in 100*F.....and WALK the course.  Report back with your scorecard.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea… Mickelson has won what 2 majors in his whole career, Tigers has won 2 this year and he is falling apart.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Go play 72 holes in 4 days in 100*F.....and WALK the course.  Report back with your scorecard.

Golf is surely a sport if baseball is.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I wish John Daly had the mental game........

me too, I about fell out of my chair laughing when he started putting with the lob wedge
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeah, those 2 majors he won this year were gimmee's
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Is golf even a sport????

Feel free NOT to click on any more golf threads, jackass.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If it doesnt have an offense and a defense, then it isnt a sport to me.

Golf is more of a Retarded Game as far as I am concerned.  And by Retarded I mean slow and boring.  Paint Drying, hair/grass growing slow and boring.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Golf is more of a Retarded Game as far as I am concerned.  And by Retarded I mean slow and boring.  Paint Drying, hair/grass growing slow and boring.

If you think golf is boring then you've obviously never played a round with me......or loaded

Quoted:
me too, I about fell out of my chair laughing when he started putting with the lob wedge

John Daly has alot better attitude and personality than T-wood.....he would be killin' if he could handle the pressure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

We should all be so lucky to be distracted from our career.

Mrs. Tiger Woods..... heh heh.... wood.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Daly has alot better attitude and personality than T-wood.....he would be killin' if he could handle the pressure.

I like the way Daly wears his emotions on his sleeve and he's a fun golfer to watch.  But I like Tiger's attitude also, he is completely devoted to the round he's playing...i've never seen anyone in any sport have as much focus when playing that he does.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

great logic there einstein, go tell the Olympic track and field team they aren't athletes playing a sport.  Now take your lame trolling somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never liked Tiger's attitude anyway

What don't you like about Tiger's attitude?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

great logic there einstein, go tell the Olympic track and field team they aren't athletes playing a sport.  Now take your lame trolling somewhere else.

Actually you missed that one... is he completely wrong and shows he don’t know anything about golf and maybe sport in general.

You can run a offensive or defensive race… just as you can play a offensive or defensive round of golf.

In a race be offense by pushing the field or be defensive by laying back. In golf hit long or lay up. There are sides in golf just like most other sports and you can be on offense or defense.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably that he is successful
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Or his Dad has cancer and is about to die....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Is golf even a sport????

Golf is easily one of the most difficult sports possible.

You are trying to hit a target about 5 inches across with a ball that is about 1.5 inches in diameter, striking it with a club that is 3-4 feet long.  Unless the club strikes the ball perfectly square in the center of the center of the face and follows through smoothly and evenly in line with the intended path of the ball, it's going to put a spin on the ball that will cause the ball to veer on its path to one direction or the other.  Then there is the wind, which can slow the ball down, speed it up, blow it one direction or the other, etc. When the ball encounters the ground it bounces in one direction or the other depending upon the angle the ball strikes the ground and the angle of the ground at the point of impact as well as its composition.   You are fighting physics and geometry all the way.  It is infinitely more complex than putting a bullet on a target.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I wish golf would space out their majors a little better....what do we have, another 8 months until Augusta?  If they had a more defined "season" I think they would get a better following.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Bravo, Phil!!
Good for you.  

Quoted:
I wish golf would space out their majors a little better....what do we have, another 8 months until Augusta?

Naa.  
So what?  
Which 'sport' has a longer season than golf?  
Tournaments are played from January till December.  
Yet another benefit of the game.  

If they had a more defined "season" I think they would get a better following.

So What, Who cares about the 'following'?

To the bashers:  
Try it sometime.  
Most likely, you criticize it because you suck.  
FWIW, So do I.  

However, once during every 2 or 3 rounds I play, I'll have at least one shot that would be worth showing on TV.  
It's part of the allure.  
That a hacker like me can get on a course and 'make a play'.  

(At the professional level:  Is'it possible with any other 'sport'?  
Can you really block that 300lb gorilla charging at you, hoping to snap your neck?
In your front yard?  )

Out of 90 or so 'shot's' (play's) during a round, we may have 1, 2, or on a great day, maybe even 3 or 4 that are just as good as the pro's could ever hope for.

And one more point damnit...

What other 'sport' can you compete in from the age of 17 to 70?    
And earn a million bucks each & every year doing it?    

hmmm....  

Jeez,...    

Once again,  It's a tiny projectile being launched towards a small, distant target.  

That applies to bullets and <GOLF> balls.        
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably that he is successful

More like he's successful without being humble about it.  He's good and he doesn't mind acknowledging the fact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top