Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 5:04:46 AM EDT
Hey folks, I plan on watching and taping OU vs Washington State in the Rose Bowl at 4:30 today on ABC. I also plan to watch and tape FSU vs Georgia this evening at 8:30 also on ABC. But which of the early games promises to be the best match-up and most exciting?

Texas vs LSU (How do I know all Texans will pick this one?) LOL! 11 AM EST on Fox

Florida vs Michigan 11 AM on ESPN

NC State vs Notre Dame at 12:30 on NBC

Auburn vs Penn State at 1:00 on ABC

Which of the early games should be the most competetive show? Thought I would include the schedule in case anyone wants to know what time somebody plays. Have a great New Years Day and enjoy all the Bowl games!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Go Sooners!!!...........LSU 100 texas 0........[:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My boyfriend grew up with the guys in Tantric who are playing at the Georgia game.  For New Year's, we had the option of going and staying with the band... that has a certain coolness factor to it.  ::sheepish grin::

Unfortunately, I didn't have anymore vacation time for 2002 and we're going to Florida for 2 1/2 weeks on the 10th anyway so we didn't feel like crossing the country twice in two weeks.
View Quote

When did you get a boyfriend?

Damn, that just screws up all my juvenile sexual fantasies.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Auburn vs Penn State at 1:00 on ABC
View Quote
That's the game. Maybe Paterno will let Larry Johnson play the whole game for a change instead of just the first half and the first series of the third quarter. I want to see him rush for 500 yards in one game.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
There is only one... The Fiesta Bowl.

Ohio State University kicks ASS!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did you get a boyfriend?

Damn, that just screws up all my juvenile sexual fantasies.
View Quote

Dang.... I should write fiction. [:D]
View Quote

Well, at least this time you didn't threaten to kick my ass (which was kind of exciting in a kinky, strange kind of way).

But, I love you too.

[sex]

[spank]

[:D]

HAHA.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got the UF/Mich game on right now. I may spend the day in my Lazyboy. Life is good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#12]
NC State vs Notre Dame at 12:30 on NBC
View Quote

That's the one I'm looking forward to.  Other than the Rose Bowl, I think it's the bowl game with the two closest ranked teams.  A few of the guys here at work are coming-in with friends to watch it here.  They act like I'm the anti-christ or something for pulling against Notre Dame.  [b]Go Pack![/b].z
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Want to make a bet on that?I'll bet my Thermold or USGI mag against your Thermold or USGI mag.I guarantee you Ohio State has never seen a team with the speed of my 'Canes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sugar Baby!! Yeah! Thats the ticket!

[size=6][red]G[/red]O [red]D[/red]A[red]W[/red]G[red]S[/red]!! S[red]I[/red]C [red]E[/red]M!!!![/size=6]

Though I am torn, because my #2 favorite all time team is FSU.
View Quote

Oh God.  I am a Florida fan.  You are fans of two of my biggest enemies.

Even though we lost today (Ron Zook is a moron), we still wrecked your season.  Just like we do every year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

[size=6][red]G[/red]O [red]D[/red]A[red]W[/red]G[red]S[/red]!! S[red]I[/red]C [red]E[/red]M!!!![/size=6]

View Quote

FSU doesn't stand a chance today.

Both their number 1 and 2 quarterbacks are out.  McPherson got thrown off the team (and is being investigated for one or more felonies) and Rix got suspended for missing an exam (overslept).

With a thrid-string quarterback who has thrown 8 passes for his entire college career, FSU won't even make the game interesting - which is a real shame.  [:(]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Want to make a bet on that?I'll bet my Thermold or USGI mag against your Thermold or USGI mag.I guarantee you Ohio State has never seen a team with the speed of my 'Canes.
View Quote

I'll take a piece of that bet if BenDover is interested.  Even though I'm a Big Ten fan, OSU will be SPANKED by the Canes on Friday.

I'll put up a Thermold (or a used USGI) to back that up  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

FSU doesn't stand a chance today.

Both their number 1 and 2 quarterbacks are out.  McPherson got thrown off the team (and is being investigated for one or more felonies) and Rix got suspended for missing an exam (overslept).

With a thrid-string quarterback who has thrown 8 passes for his entire college career, FSU won't even make the game interesting - which is a real shame.  [:(]
View Quote

I'm not so sure DK. I have a serious fear that FSU might just get fired up, rally round the quarterback, and let it all hang out figuring that they have nothing to loose, and/or, we might think as you said and get a little too over confident. We'll see how things are going at halftime, but I have a real feeling that FSU is going to put up a serious fight. Bobby Bowden wants this win, bad.
View Quote

Yeah - my fiancee sure hopes that will happen.

She was in the FSU Marching Band (Chiefs), was at all the games in her 4 years, and knew most of the players.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh God.  I am a Florida fan.  You are fans of two of my biggest enemies.

Even though we lost today (Ron Zook is a moron), we still wrecked your season.  Just like we do every year.
View Quote

Wrecked season? Hmmm. SEC East Division Champs. SEC Conference Champs. 12-1 record. Playing in the Sugar Bowl. Uh, yeah, ok [:P]. I'll take that wrecked season every year and twice at that. [;)] Lol, yep, you definitely are a FL fan. Didnt know the swamp lizards lost today. That put a smile on my face for sure. [:D]
View Quote

UGA definitely had a great year, but any season that isn't a National Title season is a disappointment.  At least at Florida it is.  Shockley needs to transfer, Greene is definitely better.

Let's rephrase and say "wrecked your chances at a Fiesta Bowl bid."
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I am enjoying the UGA stomping of the Criminoles.

Perhaps Friday we will see a hat trick and have all three overrated Florida teams lose.

Just you wait. Kansas is in a "building" phase. OK, so they've been "building" since the Mesozoic, but they're nonetheless building. And if the beloved Jayhawks can't beat the opponents on the field, Coach Mangino will devour them! It's good to have a coach shaped like a football.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

[size=5]You're ON! I'll take that bet. The Buckeye Thunder will be coming to lighten your mag collection -1 on Friday.[/size=5]

DK-Prof, whattya think I am, frickin Circus Circus here? [:D] I don't have a big enough mag collection to back the spread.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#26]
[center][b][red][size=6]GO SOONERS[/size=6][/red][/b][/center]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#27]
BenDover,agreed.Your mailbox is full.IM me and we'll work out the particulars.Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Go ahead and skip the Rose Bowl.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
BenDover,agreed.Your mailbox is full.IM me and we'll work out the particulars.Thanks
View Quote

I deleted some messages and made some room. Other than a straight bet, I don't know what particulars we need until the end of the game when you'll need my mailing address to send me a mag.

[:D]

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm hoping Brad Banks shows the NFL scouts how much of a dual threat QB he is by running and passing all over USC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top