Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 1:47:24 PM EDT
Is there any way to set up a proxy so that all of my internet traffic is tunneled through it?  

I have an Ubuntu box at home running OpenSSH.  I use PuTTY on my Windows laptop to connect to it.  

I can then configure Firefox and other programs to use the SOCKS proxy to route traffic through the tunnel.

Is there a way to configure my computer so that all traffic automatically uses the proxy without setting up each individual program?

Do I need a VPN?

Thanks,

LDL
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
a vpn is going to be the easiest way to get what you want.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it possible to route a VPN over port 80?  I'm behind a restrictive firewall at times.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I am wrong, but can't you just configure your default gateway to the IP of your proxy to force all outbound traffic to go through your proxy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top