Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 10:59:37 AM EDT
We have a desktop for home use, two laptops for work/home use, and a netbook for vacations, etc.  It was a gift.  We rarely use it, but when we do, it's nice for what it is.

We were on vacation this summer, and it was dropped.  The screen cracked (actually, the underlying LCD).

I have heard that you can just buy the "top half" of a laptop or netbook, and that some brands are easier installs than others.

Local discount computer repair store just gave me a preliminary quote of $100, but since they don't have the part in stock, they won't know for sure until they can actually source it.

They will call me when this happens.

Does anyone here recommend somewhere I could source these from myself?

It is an Acer AspireOne (ZG5).  Thanks in advance.

I found a few parts numbers at Pinnacle Micro, but either the site is experiencing some temporary difficulty, or they've gone out of business.

The following is from the Google cache:

ACER34EMON...........Acer Refurbished MONITOR 14 ACER 34E

ACER3680................Acer Refurbished LCD DISPLAY COMPLETE Assembly

ACER5520................Acer Refurbished LCD DISPLAY COMPLETE Assembly

ACER5570Z..............Acer Refurbished LCD DISPLAY COMPLETE Assembly

ACERAL1716FB.........Acer Refurbished LCD DISPLAY COMPLETE Assembly

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top