Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 1:01:23 PM EDT

Can anyone help me out.  I have a program called arcworks and it shows up on my desktop as an icon with the title of D11v25a1.exe.  I can't figure out how to open it to save my life and i have to use it for school.  Fuck me for being computer illiterate.

Can any one please help me??

Thanks

ARnutt

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Maybe you should have bought a PC instead.
If it's an Intel Mac, but into Windows and open it there.

Flame suit on for mac user's wrath.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You cant' just copy the exe file from a windows computer to a mac and expect it to work.

Is that what you did?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Can anyone help me out.  I have a program called arcworks and it shows up on my desktop as an icon with the title of D11v25a1.exe.  I can't figure out how to open it to save my life and i have to use it for school.  Fuck me for being computer illiterate.

Can any one please help me??

Thanks

ARnutt

Ooops, bought a Mac to run with the cool crown for school, except that OSX won't run the software you need?

Better get Parallels and a copy of XP or Vista.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You cant' just copy the exe file from a windows computer to a mac and expect it to work.

Is that what you did?

Sort of, It was a program that we had to download off the net.  So I guess I'm pretty much screwed.

Thanks for the help.

ARnutt
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that what you did?

Sort of, It was a program that we had to download off the net.  So I guess I'm pretty much screwed.

Thanks for the help.

ARnutt

Get parallels and a copy of XP, problem solved.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]
OS X cannot run Windows programs.

Before dropping the $$$ on Parallels, try Virtualbox.  It's an open source virtualization program backed by Sun.  You will still need a valid Windows license.  For the time being you can download Windows 7 Release Candidate from MS for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top