Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 7:34:44 AM EDT
Team member Gobshyte sent me the following message via facebook:

Right then...

Ive installed mozilla

Ive turned off the firewall (its back on now)

ive tried access control protocols on all connection settings

Ive enabled all dynamic connection settings

And Ive asked the PC to actively look for connection problems

I even sat on the fone with Virgin Broadband and still nothing

WTF!!

I
still have no ar15 service! I have tried everything I can and nothing
but that damn 'Internet Explorer cannot display this site'.

Is it at all possible to see whether the site is down their end for UK users? I would do it myself but I cant access the site.

Thanks mate

Can anyone advise me on what he should do?  I can barely run a washing machine let alone advise someone on how to fix a computer problem.   BTW - he's tried to connect on multiple computers and gets the same message.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
UK banned guns and arfcom?

eta:

if he can access facebook from said computer then ar15.com should also work.  have him try to access it from a web proxy by going to a website like proxbrowse.com or hidemyass.com

if it works through the proxy then he must contact his ISP or network admin to find out why they're blocking arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

UK banned guns and arfcom?
eta:

if he can access facebook from said computer then ar15.com should also work.  have him try to access it from a web proxy by going to a website like proxbrowse.com or hidemyass.com

if it works through the proxy then he must contact his ISP or network admin to find out why they're blocking arfcom.

Thanks for the tip chevy - I'll have him try it,

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
so it begins

edit: god save the queen

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top