Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 10:50:29 PM EDT
Iv'e been shopping around a found plenty of potential canidates but need your opinion.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
There's no gaming on laptops!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no gaming on laptops!

+1

This!

More specifically, there are no real gaming capable laptops for that kind of money. At best you will find a sub par game capable laptop for around $2500 +

Gaming and laptop do not belong in the same sentence. If you need protable, build a gaming computer using a shuttle bare bones.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#4]
There are some Clevo/Sager options HERE, but your price is low for any effective game machine.  I think there's a .mil discount available.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#5]
alienware has gaming laptops but to get a good one it will be like 1800 bucks
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are some Clevo/Sager options HERE, but your price is low for any effective game machine.  I think there's a .mil discount available.

A desktop is sort of impractical for where I'm at, and my Asus G1Sn-A1 (which played games pretty well) died on me so I'm getting a Sager 8662 from these guys. P9700 2.8 ghz, 260M GTX 1ghz video card, 4gb RAM - came out to more then $950, but it wasn't $2500 like Alienware or a bigger brand, and it looks like it should be able to play games decently....

You can talk to a live rep from xoticpc and they'll ask you questions and steer you in the right direction, they helped me out quite a bit. Their military discount is $35 and they offer a discount if you do a bank transfer to them instead of credit card/paypal.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A desktop is sort of impractical for where I'm at, and my Asus G1Sn-A1 (which played games pretty well) died on me so I'm getting a Sager 8662 from these guys. P9700 2.8 ghz, 260M GTX 1ghz video card, 4gb RAM - came out to more then $950, but it wasn't $2500 like Alienware or a bigger brand, and it looks like it should be able to play games decently....

You can talk to a live rep from xoticpc and they'll ask you questions and steer you in the right direction, they helped me out quite a bit. Their military discount is $35 and they offer a discount if you do a bank transfer to them instead of credit card/paypal.

The portion in red is important.  A FOB, FB or COP is often very unfriendly to desktops and their peripherals, and you may be living out of a truck moving from place to place like a damn gypsy.  It's not like sitting at home in the AC.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Under $950? No such thing friend.

Build a desktop for sun 1K gaming.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I take it back if circumstances force you into laptopdom.

What kinda games are you interested in?  Maybe there's a "good enough" we can point you toward.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out this computer, you can add a couple of features to meet your budget

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np2096-custom-laptop-built-compal-jhl90-p-2409.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top