Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2009 9:12:36 AM EDT
Anyone have a source?

I need to fix my monitors bulged capacitors instead of having to buy a new monitor.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Mouser
Digikey
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have a source?

I need to fix my monitors bulged capacitors instead of having to buy a new monitor.

What he said.

If this is a CRT, be VERY careful when doing this. Make sure the flyback transformer discharged before poking around in there or you may be in for a trip to the hospital.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Understood.

This is for a viewsonic LCD monitor.

But damn, digikey is out of the 470u/25v capacitors until the end of july?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mouser
Digikey

and Newark

You can go over on the rated voltage if need be.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Might try MCM Electronics also.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mouser
Digikey

and Newark

They where the only ones out of all the suggested websites that had all three in stock and even then they didn't have my 470uF @ 10v, I had to go with a 470uF @ 16v.

2 of 3 capacitors are out of stock for at least two months on all the other websites.

I don't quite understand why the certain types I'm looking for are almost impossible to find in stock right now.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mouser

Digikey

and Newark

They where the only ones out of all the suggested websites that had all three in stock and even then they didn't have my 470uF @ 10v, I had to go with a 470uF @ 16v.

2 of 3 capacitors are out of stock for at least two months on all the other websites.

I don't quite understand why the certain types I'm looking for are almost impossible to find in stock right now.

Demand.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mouser
Digikey

and Newark

Demand.

LOL thx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top