Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:02:51 PM EDT
I just finished installing Win XP Pro SP3 yesterday and the updates are current.  I went to fax something tonight and I usually preview it before it goes, but it wouldn't let me.  I went back into the fax console and it said:

The fax document cannot be displayed because your operating system does not have the default viewer for fax documents (.tif files)

My Google-fu has been weak tonight to find any answers.  Any ideas what to check or download to let me preview?  In the add/remove programs area for windows components the fax option is checked as installed also.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
a customer of mine had an issue similar to this the other week and I went in and changed the file extension to .jpg and it opened just fine. probably will be a headache though, especially if there are a lot of files.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The built in program is called "Windows Picture and Fax viewer" and I suspect that it has lost its association with .TIF files. Find the file on the hard drive, hold down shift and right click on it. Then use the "Open with..." menu option, then select the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and check the box to use this program as a default. Should do the trick.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top