Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:45:48 PM EDT
old built up computer (not by me)

unplugged everything and added a stick of same ram (DDR333) and now wont turn on.

I leave my computer on all the time and have been for a while.
there is a little light on the motherboard next to the cooling fan. turns on when the power cable is plugged in

anyone know the problem?

I have tried everything, switching pluggins, i didnt bump the switch in back, all the plugs inside are untouched and solid, the power button IS making good contact and i have tried the little reset button on the front under the power button.

any help would be great. i will post more if you have more questions!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
pull the ram and try again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
reset cmos?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've pulled the ram about 90 times still doesnt turn on, also pulled the cmos and put back in about 3-4 times
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
sometimes this works. you might have done it already.

pull the power cord, press the power button and make sure the MB light goes out and fans spin a little.   plug back in and try again.

have you tried to boot the MB by its self? nothing else connected not even ram?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

pull the power cord, press the power button and make sure the MB light goes out and fans spin a little.   plug back in and try again.

Nothing spins or happens when I push the power button. Its like pushing a power button to a computer without it being plugged in.
I have not booted just the MB b/c the power supply isn't turning any drives or fans so i didnt bother.
I wanna say a power supply issue but would that little green light on the MB light up if it was?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing spins or happens when I push the power button. Its like pushing a power button to a computer without it being plugged in.
I have not booted just the MB b/c the power supply isn't turning any drives or fans so i didnt bother.
I wanna say a power supply issue but would that little green light on the MB light up if it was?

right, but did you hit the power with the cord disconnected? aka total drain of the power.
I have see a few come back to life after doing this.
disconnecting any extra hard ware and trying to boot after that eliminates and other hardware influence on the MB.  if all that fails its the MB or power supply.  I would replace the power supply first, besides it never hurts to have an extra one around.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]
ok ill check it out.

i have tried hitting the button unplugged but i will take some time 2 moro and unplug everything to boot the MB

otherwise i will do the PS thing.

THANKS for the help cousin!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]
did you by chance hit the power button on the PSU?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top