Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2008 9:19:38 AM EDT
I hope that someone could help me.  I'm wanting to set up a RAID on my gaming computer and I have one hard drive with information on it and I have a blank hard drive.  When I set up for the RAID, will I lose all my information on that one hard drive.  I've never set up a RAID so is there any secrets can someone share with me to make this go easy.  (I've read the ASUS forums and for some reason I just don't understand on how to go about this)
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
i would say yes since you will have to format it
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Raid 0 is what I have in mind.  I've never had a RAID setup before, my first computer.  The disks are exactly the same.  I didn't get a floopy disk, it came on a CD.  (I don't have a floppy drive on my computer but I can get one that will connect via USB)
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top