Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 2:08:30 PM EDT
the [  (letter see) on my keyboard is not working    looks like a trip to the komputer store tonight
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just write an alt-script macro that generates a C every time you hit, say, the F11 button?

But seriously...I'm what you might call a very heavy-duty keyboard user. I wear them out,
literally.    And being a classically trained touch-typist since I was 14,  I'm pretty much a
true professional typist.    I learned long ago that there IS a difference in keyboards,
and it pays to get a good one.

I buy and use only Keytronic keyboards.   They outlast any cheapie and have the best
typist's feel of any brand.   I would suggest you get one.   Ignore any other brand,
because they ALL suck.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I"m going to the store after my daughter gets out of the shower.   I also discovered that my main [enter] key is NFG as well.

this is a M$ keyboard.. it's got quite a few miles on it.

spell check does make it a bit easier.. but it's a PITA
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm lucky I get the keyboard I like for $15, or I'd cry about the 4-6 months they last.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quality lasts longer.   Keytronic boards last for YEARS without failures.  The only thing that happens to them is that eventually you wear the markings off the keycaps.

Once I wore a keyboard out so much that thirteen keycaps had been worn BLANK.  

Now, I have a regular source of like-new Keytronic keyboards that are barely used,
and I harvest keycaps off them for spares.  I replace them when their markings are
about worn off.  

CJ
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
ok, back in business

ccccc  ccccc
ccccc  ccccc

for the record, the previous keyboard lasted at least the last 6 years, IIRC
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought I lost mine last weekend. For some reason it turned it's self off. Unplugged it from the computer and plugged it back in and the computer found it again. Been working great since.

This is a 8 yr old HP keyboard that came with the Pavilion I bought way back then. Great feel! I just love it. But daughter told me last weekend I need a new one because several of the key's letters have worn off. Told that's no reason to pitch it if you know how to type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top