Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:39:13 AM EDT
I'm looking at the free web hosting services online but I have no clue what is a better provider. I'm looking at starting my own page as a hobby. Basically I want to get into learning how the net works.

So does anyone know of the better free web hosting services that would allow me to create and link to multiple pages and host photos and videos?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
if you just want to host a personal page, places like wordpress will get you started with basic stuff. It isn't hosting; more like publishing.

If you want basic hosting for free, I have no idea. I set my kids up with flickr pro accounts for photo and video hosting and wordpress for blogging.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
if you just want to host a personal page, places like wordpress will get you started with basic stuff. It isn't hosting; more like publishing.

If you want basic hosting for free, I have no idea. I set my kids up with flickr pro accounts for photo and video hosting and wordpress for blogging.

Looking more to do something like this... www.notpurfect.com/main/intro2.htm
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Free webhosting has basically gone the way of the dodo.  Some sites like geocities and tripod may still be active, but they clutter your site with obnoxous banners and other advertising nonsense that may interfere.

What you are after is cheap (not free) shared hosting.  Many companies offer shared hosting for $5 - $10 a month.  The site you linked to is using inmotionhosting.com.  I've never heard of them, but they offer "personal class" hosting for $3 a month, and "business class" shared hosting for $7 a month.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I use ServerGrid for that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top