Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:59:31 PM EDT
So I'm late to the party on these, just getting around to shopping for a nano.  

At home I only have dial-up, and no way to get online with the laptop that I would use for loading piles of CDs.   Is it possible to load these all in, then go to a place with free wireless and have it somehow match up the the song and album titles?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to an internet kiosk, register your Ipod and upload your music
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I understand your question.

The way CDs get recognized when you play/rip them is the total CD time is run through a database and possible matches are brought up and you choose in cases of dupes. I do not think there is a way to do it the way you are asking. I admit it has been a while since I messed with this stuff and things many have improved.

It doesn't take much bandwidth to get the album/title info. Maybe take a CD or two with you and eat lunch/have coffee/whatever someplace that has free wifi and rip a couple at a time.

eta: You only need to be in the internet when you put the CD in to rip it...dial-up, recognize and start ripping, close connection while it rips.(I assume you do not want to stay online through dialup the whole time)

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
When I was on dialup It would only take a min. to get album info. I had the info before the CD was ripped usually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top