Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2008 7:28:30 PM EDT
I have ab absent minded family member who cannot remember their password used in Outlook (BARF).  I tried calling the internet provider to get the password and of course, they would not give it to me.  I have two programs I tried to use to turn ***** into passwords, but they aren't working.  I'd like to crack it before the week is up so I can copy an image of the drive before I return the computer.  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
unpossible.

His ISP will have to change it for him.  It's stored on their servers, that's where outlook authenticates.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
you can either reset it on your iSP's website,   or search for rockxp.  (use at your own risk)  it can find passwords...

i had horrible luck the last time i called a local isp here.   they said they didn't support outlook  
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have ab absent minded family member who cannot remember their password used in Outlook (BARF). I tried calling the internet provider to get the password and of course, they would not give it to me. I have two programs I tried to use to turn ***** into passwords, but they aren't working.  I'd like to crack it before the week is up so I can copy an image of the drive before I return the computer.  Any help is appreciated.

Have the family member call.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have ab absent minded family member who cannot remember their password used in Outlook (BARF). I tried calling the internet provider to get the password and of course, they would not give it to me. I have two programs I tried to use to turn ***** into passwords, but they aren't working.  I'd like to crack it before the week is up so I can copy an image of the drive before I return the computer.  Any help is appreciated.

Have the family member call.

Yup.

The family member will have to call & they will ask some questions to verify that they are the account holder. Then, they will be able to reset the password.

Link Posted: 1/18/2008 3:53:37 AM EDT
[#6]

I'd like to crack it before the week is up so I can copy an image of the drive before I return the computer. Any help is appreciated.

Why do you need the Outlook Express password to image the drive?
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'd like to crack it before the week is up so I can copy an image of the drive before I return the computer. Any help is appreciated.

You don't
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 6:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it Outlook Express? If so grab this program here.

Works like a charm. Been using their utilities for years now.

-d
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't

Why not use Ghost?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So when they install the image, they can properly configure outlook express? that is assuming the image was made before  the system was configured.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't.  I just wanted all settings finished before I did.  Doesn't matter.  It's all done now.  Had to make them call and change the password.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.  I just wanted all settings finished before I did.  Doesn't matter.  It's all done now.  Had to make them call and change the password.

Should of looked at those utilities I posted :)

-d
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
They wanted it back sooner than expected.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]
heres another

Ophcrack
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Download Wireshark and start it up, then start up Outlook and have it send/receive.

In my experience Outlook will send the password as cleartext to the hosting companies web server and Wireshark will capture the packet then you can open up the data portion and it will be staring at you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top