Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2007 1:04:16 PM EDT
What forums I am looking for:

-linux (discussion different distros and terminal commands and other things)
-latest and greatest hardware
-upcoming and current open source projects
-network technology

thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
www.2cpu.com one of the best and most respected. Been around a looong time, and still keeping it real. The Networking and Hardware sections are very active. Lots of really heavy duty hardware. Gaming is important, but these guys are more into raw power than eye candy.

www.murc.ws The Matrox Users Resource Centre: used to be the Mecca for those in search of knowledge about Matrox, but since Matrox dozed Mecca and barely manufactures anything these days, it has become a rather nice gathering spot. General Hardware (for the bleeding edge.) and Alternative Lifestyles Forums for the *nix junkie... A robust Off-Topic forum there too for those who like to abuse (and be abused by) left wingers - there are some pretty heavy hitters there, so beware. Flaming is not encouraged, but strongly worded debates are the norm.

www.linuxcompatible.com and it's sister site www.ntcompatible.com are great sites for daily news.

www.smoothwall.org Smoothwall is a linux Router distro, but jump into their very active forums and you should be able to find nearly anything regarding Linux Shell Commands. Very Friendly People, and a GREAT Distro.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I have installed smoothwall onto an old PC that I have....little did I realize that I need 2 ethernet cards or 2 ports to work in my network......

Its software firewalls for me until I get that set up....
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Latest and greatest hardware I'd say www.hardforum.com  HardOCP's forums, though the linux/OSS section is pretty slim.

I know Ars Technica's site usually has some smart people around too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top