Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 6:32:08 AM EDT
I have been using Choicemail for several months now and have had no problems.

However, I recently purchased a new workstation for the FD and Choicemail will not work properly.  I have run the setup wizard, and choicemail will send the test message to confirm the account settings. It passes the test message to the server and appears to make the necessary changes to outlook express for email to be filtered by choicemail.

But...when I open Outlook Express to check email I get a login screen for 127.0.0.1, with my username and password listed.

I have two other workstations using Choicemail and all settings appear to be valid on this workstation when compared to the two others (properly checking for email spam) workstations.

What am I missing?  

All three workstations are configured using the wizard.  

I have checked choicemail's website, FAQs, Issues, support.  No solution.

Outlook express is configured properly and will check email, until I run the wizard on choicemail..at that point I get the login screen for the account.

Is there an alternate email filter that is also free?

TRG
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
never used one, so i couldn't recomend one  

sorry TRG  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:56:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
never used one, so i couldn't recomend one  

sorry TRG  

'salright.  I surfed the web and found some product reviews on free email scanners.

choicemail wons the reviews, hands-down.  The others that I tried were stll allowing tons O-spam to get through.  

No resolution to the problem yet.  

TRG
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
just asked a friend of mine.   he has used mailwasher  and it works ok

i've never used or installed it.  use at your own risk
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
at my office, we use the barricuda spam filtering system

The IT guys seem to like it a bunch.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
at my office, we use the barricuda spam filtering system

The IT guys seem to like it a bunch.

TXL

Choicemail is free.  It works pretty darn well. It sends a challenge email to any senders to validate the email address of the sender.

Most spam is cut off at teh knees with the system.

Once you have your 'regulars' that you are emailing it will auto-add them to your whitelist.  

We are getting 20-50 spam emails per day.  Firefighters love.... LOVE to forward junk email and we get hammered with junk in the account.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Mailwasher pro.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mailwasher pro.

I tried mailwasher (free) and it did not block a damn thing.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mailwasher pro.

TRG

then your not using it correctly....can't just use it out of the box.....it needs filters set up....there is a good set of filters which can be downloaded......

i have it and it works very well....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mailwasher pro.

TRG

then your not using it correctly....can't just use it out of the box.....it needs filters set up....there is a good set of filters which can be downloaded......

I'm not sure on the free, but pro can cross check with spam cop and ORDB for filtering.
It also has a pretty good internal filtering (user config).
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mailwasher pro.

TRG

I'll check for filters.

Granted, by the time I installed mailwasher I had spent the better part of the time working with Choicemail and others to try and get something to work.  Multiple install/remove/reconfigure/reinstall/changesettings/uninstall/download/product  reviews.

I'll give it another shot later this week.

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top