No problems on my Mac.

just wait till the next lighting storm.    

when it knocks out your modem or nic.  then we will see who is smiling
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
What OS do you run?
XP can burn CDs natively if you have a CD burner.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
this is driving me fucking insane! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh heh....... it pisses me off, too, but as far as I know there's not jack you can do about it with a PC.

As long as *you* know there's a disc in there, just tell your burn prog to "fucking burn already!"

What burn prog are you using?  I use Easy CD Creator.  While rather newb-ish, I don't need anything more robust for what I use it for.

I also have JetAudio and Winamp installed on my PC, which I understand will (can) both burn, but I haven't bothered enough to jack around with them yet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No problems on my Mac.

just wait till the next lighting storm.    

when it knocks out your modem or nic.  then we will see who is smiling

Huh

(step away from the bong)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool.  I've often considered switching, but I don't do a lot of burning, so I stuck with what came bundled on my machine.

Let me know how well Nero works (and what version).  I had a beef just last week with my Easy CD Creator.  It would not see some .wma files that I was trying to burn, just the .mp3 files.

So, I had to d/l and use one prog to convert them from .wma to .wav, and then *another* prog to convert from .wav to .mp3, just so I could burn them to a CD-RW to play in my truck.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]
change cd brands
some burners have problems with some brands
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top