Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 5:14:53 PM EDT
I've got a bad track record with mail in rebates.  7out and got 1 back.

2 years ago I sent a lite-on rebate in and never heard anything back so I refused to by anything on sale if it had a mail-in rebate out of spite.

Then HP had a $30 mail-in rebate on dual layer light-scribe drives.  I bought one crossed my t's and dotted my i's.   Stapled the UPC to the receipt and rebate form and mailed them 60 days before the rebates expiration date.

Got an email 3 weeks later that it was being processed.  

Today got a post card from Lite On: We could not honor your request due to the following reasons:
Missing Receipt, Invalid postmark date.  Please return this post card with information needed by 4/10/2006.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the information.  I was wondering why it was taking so long.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]
i've sent for 15 or so rebates in my lifetime.  i have gotten a check back for each of them

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top