Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:39:43 PM EDT
This is for a friend of mine.

How do I do a system restore using only the keybord?

He has windows xp home edition. He installled Norton antivirious 2006 home edition from a cd. After following all the proms ect Norton started it's install routine. During this routine the progesss screen gave the following message "fatal error". Then the pc stopped responding to keyboard or mouse control. So he hit the start button then accecories then system restore. When he clicks on system restore nothing happens. He then logged off and logged on as the system admin and got the same result.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Did he already have any system restore waypoints.  If not then he will not be able to restore the system to where it was before the Norton's install.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
try this page symantec removal steps

its pathetic how many times i've had to use norton removal tools for their products

try it in safe mode if need be
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top