Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 10:08:32 AM EDT
I run AVG each day (overnight). Today I checked to see what was in the vault, and boy, there's plenty! So my question is, what do I with what's there? Should I select all the entries to "heal," or "restore," and what are the ramifications of doing so? Or should I delete them all, or just leave them all alone as is?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
if you don't need any of the files, which im sure you don't.   just delete them  

healing would be disenfecting the files

restoring would be putting the virus or trojan back onto your system( you don't want to do that)

deleting would be the best option
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thant seems to be so obvious, it seems stupid to even offer the choice of restoring, so what's the purpose of offering it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
You might need to use restore if it's just a false positive. Or maybe you want to save up all the good ones for when you get fired from work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thant seems to be so obvious, it seems stupid to even offer the choice of restoring, so what's the purpose of offering it?

in case its a file that you need.   occasionally the antivirus will grab hold of a system file or a file YOU need.  its rare but it could happen
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Too late now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
i think you'll live.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top