Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 7:14:05 AM EDT
Wife and I have had the same HP since 2000, and it's REALLY slow.  She runs a side business, and I am writing a book.  I want something fast, reliable, and secure.  I also would like to stay under $1200.  Am I totally unrealistic, here?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#1]
1200 will build a very fast computer thes days.

notice Build

Yes you can do it its not hard
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree. You can build a great, fast, stable computer for less than you are looking to spend.

If, however, you are not handy and not your family's "IT Guy", then buy a Dell.  I've done both (built my own and bought a Dell) and I was, and still am, happy with both decisions.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
My PC at the office is a Dell and I am very happy with it.  My dumb-ass even set it all up myself, and that is no easy feat for an old grunt, and cop.
Looks more and more like Dell is the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
go to your local computer repair shop if you are not comfortable in building your own pc.    That is what i do everyday, is build, repair computers.

your local store will have new and used computers in stock.   They can build anything and everythign when it comes to computers
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
go to your local computer repair shop if you are not comfortable in building your own pc.    That is what i do everyday, is build, repair computers.

your local store will have new and used computers in stock.   They can build anything and everythign when it comes to computers

Yes, and you will get a local warranty for the machine (provided it is from a decently run business).   Go local if you can, or just build it yourself off of newegg.com or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top