Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 3:49:34 PM EDT
I received an email (yahoo acct) w/a word doc attachment to which I made significant changes. Here is the rub - I didn't save the doc to my pc first. I just opened the attachment made the revisions and saved it.  I cannot find the new doc anywhere.  It is not under my documents...I have tried searching for it...I have reopened the email and attachment and all I have is the old version.

Please tell me that I did not just waste 3 hours.  

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
sst7
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried a test on this....It saved the document to:
C: Document and Settings,  (your folder), Local settings, temp folder.

I was able to go back into Yahoo and open up the revised document as well though...

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I will try it right away.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I tried a test on this....It saved the document to:
C: Document and Settings,  (your folder), Local settings, temp folder.

I was able to go back into Yahoo and open up the revised document as well though...

Hope this helps.

Still looking - but I am unable to find it. Yahoo only has original version. (just double checked)

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you check your temp folder? You will need to go to tools, folder options. click on the View tab then click show hidden files and folders. Then  go to the following:

C: Document and Settings, (your folder), Local settings, temp folder.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you check your temp folder? You will need to go to tools, folder options. click on the View tab then click show hidden files and folders. Then  go to the following:

C: Document and Settings, (your folder), Local settings, temp folder.

I followed your instructions but the doc coldn't be found.

THANK YOU for time and help.  

sst7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top