Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:41:52 AM EDT
Boss at work bought one for his kid and is bugging me to find out which of the 3rd party programs is worthwhile.

Don't own anything MAC/Apple related so I could use some help here.

I figure the better programs probably allow users to determine compression ratios and various other editing type features.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The absolute shizzle for this task is the $10 Podner.  It lets the user set metadata, encoding, image quality, and saves directly into iTunes for download to the iPod.

Alpine
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks like it is exactly the same thing I am looking for, but is there anything that will do it for windows?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I use PodPlus to offload music and data. Works great. You might also want to look at YamiPod.

For video ripping I use Videora iPod Converter to rip DVDs and Nero Recode to encode the ripped videos to MP4 format for the iPod. I have several full length movies on my iPod and I was able to view them on a very long flight a few weeks ago.

Love the PodCasts also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use PodPlus to offload music and data. Works great. You might also want to look at YamiPod.

For video ripping I use Videora iPod Converter to rip DVDs and Nero Recode to encode the ripped videos to MP4 format for the iPod. I have several full length movies on my iPod and I was able to view them on a very long flight a few weeks ago.

Love the PodCasts also.

What bitrate have you used? I've had trouble getting long videos (movie length) to play on mine. Regular TV episodes work for me (using Videora@256kbps), but a double ep won't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top